• Step it up — When climbing stairs, which many of us do daily, take them two at a time for extra work.
• Lift that lettuce — Use your grocery bags as dumbbells and curl them gently, alternating arms, as you walk to the car.
• Walk it off — Take a brisk walk around the block; all you need are sneakers.
• Kitchen calisthenics — Weight training can be done anywhere. Grab a soup can for bicep curls or tricep pushbacks.
• Get tense — When sitting in a chair or driving, tense your abdominals; suck them in; tighten; release.