2 pounds monkfish
1 cup flour
1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup olive oil, or more if necessary
Juice of 1 lime
1. Remove the membrane on the fish. Cut it into 3/4-inch-thick rounds.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, cheese, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss well to mix.
3. Put the egg into a shallow bowl. Dip the pieces of fish in the egg, then in the flour mixture. Dredge them well all over.
4. In a large deep skillet, heat the oil, adding enough to make a thin film in the bottom of the pan. When it is hot, add the fish and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on a side or until golden brown.
5. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with lime. Serve at once.
Adapted from Paul Cohan