2 ablespoons peanut oil
24 large shrimp, peeled
3 Asian long beans or 12 slender green beans, cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces
1/2 large green papaya
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, very finely chopped
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the shrimp to the pan flat sides down. Cook them over medium high heat for 2 minutes or until the undersides turn pink. Turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Drop the long beans or green beans into the water. Cook 1 minute, then drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Remove the seeds from the papaya. Peel the flesh. Cut the piece of papaya into thirds. Grate them, one at a time, on a box grater, making the strips as long as you can. Alternatively, cut the papaya into slender pieces and use a food processor to cut them into julienne strips.
4. Transfer the papaya to a bowl. Grate the carrots on top of the papaya. Scatter the beans, shrimp, and tomatoes on the salad.
5. Pour the dressing on top and garnish with peanuts.
SHERYL JULIAN & JULIE RIVEN