4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
1 quart premium coconut ice cream, softened
1 1/4 cups high-quality fudge sauce
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a 9-inch pie pan.
2. In a food processor, work the gingersnaps until they become fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool completely.
4. Spread half of the ice cream in the crust. Pour 1 cup of fudge sauce over the ice cream. Spread it with a spatula to cover the ice cream. Spread the remaining ice cream over the fudge sauce.
5. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and freeze it for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, drizzle 1/4 cup of fudge sauce over the pie in a decorative pattern. The pie will keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.