4 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon butter
Extra butter (for the dishes)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 pint blueberries (or other berries or fruits)
1. Set the oven at 475 degrees. Put 1 teaspoon of a butter in each of 4 ramekins (3 1/2 inches by 1 1/2-inches) or use 1 tablespoon of butter for a 10-inch skillet with a heatproof handle. Set the ramekins on a baking sheet. Slide the sheet or skillet into the oven to melt the butter.
2. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, and salt. Blend thoroughly.
3. Carefully remove the ramekins or skillet from the oven. Use extra butter to butter the top edges of the ramekins or skillet.
4. Pour the batter into the ramekins or skillet. Bake the ramekins for 8 to 10 minutes and the skillet for 10 to 12 minutes or until the batter is puffed and brown.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar
Adapted from Mary Lindeblad