Makes 4 sheets.
|6||tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine|
|½||cup dark brown sugar|
|4||sheets regular unsalted matzo|
|8||tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips|
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter or margarine. Add the sugar and stir well.
3. Place two matzos on each baking sheet. Divide the butter and sugar mixture among the sheets of matzo -- about 2 tablespoons for each one. With a rubber spatula, spread the mixture over the entire surface of matzo.
4. Bake the matzos for 6 to 7 minutes or until the topping is bubbly and brown.
5. Remove the sheets from the oven and immediately sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the chips. Let them sit for 30 seconds, then use a metal palette knife to spread the chocolate evenly.
6. Transfer the matzos to wire racks. Remove the foil from the baking sheets and set the racks on the sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes so the chocolate solidifies.
Adapted from Ellen Helman