|1||pound skinless, boneless salmon, cut into two pieces|
|1||small clove garlic, slivered|
|1/2||cup fish stock|
|6||morel mushrooms, quartered|
|1/2||cup freshly shelled green peas|
|2||tablespoons creme fraiche or heavy cream|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh chervil (for garnish)|
1. Set the oven at 475 degrees. Have on hand a skillet with a heat-proof handle.
2. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Skim the top. Pour the clarified butter into the skillet.
3. Set the skillet over high heat and sear the salmon quickly on both sides. Add the garlic, fish stock, and morels.
4. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes or until it is cooked through.
5. Holding the skillet handle with several layers of pot holders, remove the skillet from the oven. Transfer the fish to a plate and keep warm.
6. Set the skillet over high heat and cook the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until it reduces slightly. Add the peas and cook them for 2 minutes or until they are tender. Swirl the creme fraiche or heavy cream into the skillet. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter a little at a time.
7. Divide the sauce between 2 shallow plates. Set a piece of fish on each one and sprinkle with chervil.
Adapted from Davio's