|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||pounds broccoflower or cauliflower, cut into florettes|
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|2||large onions, chopped|
|1/2||cup pine nuts|
|1||teaspoon saffron powder|
|1||pound bucatini (pasta straws)|
|1||cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|Toasted breadcrumbs (see recipe)|
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add the anchovy fillets and crush with the tines of a fork. Mix until they dissolve into the onion mixture.
3. Stir in the currants, pine nuts, cauliflower, 1 1/2 cups of the cauliflower broth, and saffron. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Return the cauliflower broth in the pot to a boil. Add more water, if necessary, to cook the pasta. Break the bucatini in half and add it to the boiling broth. Cook for 8 minutes or until the pasta is just tender when tasted.
5. Drain into a colander. Add the pasta to the cauliflower sauce and toss well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if you like.
6. Serve with Parmesan and toasted breadcrumbs.
Adapted from ''Recipes from Gangivecchio's Sicilian Kitchen,"