|1||cup cream of wheat|
|1 3/4||cups water|
|1/4||teaspoon saffron threads|
|1 1/2||cups sugar|
|1/4||teaspoon powdered cardamom seeds|
|1||cup finely chopped ripe mango or pineapple, or more to taste|
|1/4||cup golden raisins|
2. Add 2 tablespoons ghee to the wheat and mix well. Roast for 1 minute more.
3. Add the water and saffron and cook, stirring with a spoon, to prevent lumps from forming. After several minutes, the mixture will thicken to a creamy consistency.
4. Stir in the sugar and cardamom and continue cooking, stirring, over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Mash any lumps that form. As the mixture starts to thicken, add 1 more tablespoon of ghee. Stir until the mixture separates from the sides of the pan. The sojji is ready when the mixture clings to the spoon.
5. Stir in the mango or pineapple. Cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons ghee. Transfer to a serving dish.
6. Garnish with cashews and raisins. Visi Tilak