|1/4||cup orange juice|
|1/3||cup sweetened dried cranberries|
|1/4||cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled|
|3/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1||tablespoon active dry yeast|
|Vegetable oil (for the bowl and pans)|
|3||cups bread flour|
|1/3||cup coarsely chopped roasted pecans|
|6||tablespoons butter, softened|
|Chopped rind of 1 orange|
2. In another pan, gently heat the melted butter with the buttermilk until warm (not more than 115 degrees). Place in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and stir well. Add 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, salt, and the yeast. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
3. Add the flour and knead until the dough comes together. Knead in the cranberries and nuts. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Oil a large mixing bowl. Shape the dough into a ball and place in the bowl, turning to coat it all over. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
5. Oil or spray two 9-inch round cake pans. Divide the dough in half. Roll one half into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Spread 3 tablespoons of the softened butter on the dough. Sprinkle with half the orange rind and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar. Roll up from the long side. Dampen the edge with water and seal the seam. Cut 12 even slices. Place the slices, cut sides down, in one of the pans. Repeat with the remaining dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
|1/2||cup heavy cream|
|1||cup confectioners' sugar|
|1/4||teaspoon pure orange extract|
|Reserved juice from soaking cranberries|
2. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange extract, and reserved orange juice. Stir until smooth. Spoon a thin coat of icing over the rolls and serve warm. Adapted from ``Sleep On It"