|3||small Yukon gold potatoes|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4||sweet onion, finely chopped|
|4||ounces smoked salmon, shredded|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped chives|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||ounces goat cheese or farmer's cheese, crumbled|
2. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and add onion. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often, until golden. Transfer the onion to the potatoes. Set the skillet aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk, just until the whites and yolks are well mixed. With a spoon, stir in the salmon, potatoes, onion , all but 1 teaspoon of the chives, salt, and pepper.
4. Turn on the broiler.
5. In the skillet, melt the butter. Pour egg mixture into the pan and turn the heat to medium . Cook the egg mixture for 2 minutes, then tilt the mixture so that more of it is exposed to the pan. Continue cooking for about 8 minutes or until the top begins to look set.
6. Dot the top of the frittata with the cheese. Broil for 1 minute, watch the frittata carefully, just until the top is set.
7. Cut the frittata into wedges, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon chives. Alison Arnett