|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||teaspoon chili powder|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||london broil (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)|
2. In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread the spicy mixture on the meat. Set it on a rimmed baking sheet and let it sit while you prepare the salsa.
|4||medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and quartered|
|1||medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into large pieces|
|2||jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded|
|1||medium red onion, coarsley chopped|
|4||cloves garlic, halved|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1/4||cup fresh cilantro|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
2. Turn on the broiler. Broil the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes, or until edges begin to blacken. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Broil the meat for 3 to 4 minutes on a side for medium rare. Let the meat rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before slicing.
4. In a food processor, combine the roasted vegetables, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Pulse 4 to 6 times, or until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
5. Slice the meat thinly and top with salsa. Keri Fisher