Makes 12 large muffins
|Butter (for the muffin tin)|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|3/4||cup corn oil|
|1/4||cup sour cream|
2. In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt just to blend them.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, buttermilk, and sour cream. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir until the mixture is combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each indentation right up to the top.
5. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until they are firm and golden and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
2. In a large shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
3. While the muffins are still hot, turn them out of the tin. Brush each muffin with melted butter. Roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Adapted from the Market Basket