Makes one 9-inch cake
|1||Basic Cake recipe|
|1 1/4||cups (4 1/2 ounces) sliced almonds|
|1/2||teaspoon whole aniseed|
|1/2||teaspoon ground aniseed|
1. Prepare the ingredients but do not mix the Basic Cake recipe. Make the following changes. Butter the pan but do not flour it.
2. Combine 1/4 cup of the sliced almonds and the whole aniseed. With your hands, crush the almonds coarsely. Place in the buttered pan and turn and tilt to coat the pan bottom and sides evenly.
3. In a food processor, grind the remaining 1 cup of almonds for 20 seconds or until fine.
4. Add the ground almonds and ground aniseed to the flour mixture in the bowl.
5. Make the cake and bake as directed. Adapted from "One Cake, One Hundred Desserts "