|3/4||cup cottage cheese|
|4||tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled|
|1||tablespoon orange juice|
|1/2||cup white whole-wheat flour|
|Pinch of ground cinnamon|
|1||tablespoon orange rind|
|Vegetable oil (for the skillet)|
2. Add the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the orange rind; set aside for 10 minutes.
4. In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry. Use a rubber spatula to stir a spoonful of the whites into the orange batter to loosen it. Gently fold in the remaining whites.
5. Set a large skillet over medium heat. Brush the surface with vegetable oil. When the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sputters on it, give the pan a quick swipe with a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Spoon the batter 1/3 cup at a time onto the hot surface.
6. Cook the pancakes, checking them often, until you see small bubbles starting to form around the edges. Flip each and finish cooking the other side until it is golden. Adapted from "King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking"