|Canola oil (for baking sheet)|
|6||cups popped corn|
|1||cup dry-roasted salted peanuts|
|1/4||cup corn syrup|
|2||tablespoons butter, cut up|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||teaspoon table salt|
2. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn and peanuts; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook about 10 minutes, or until it turns a light amber color.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the butter, baking soda, and salt. The mixture will foam up; keep stirring until smooth. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and peanuts. Toss to coat evenly, working quickly because the caramel will begin to harden.
5. Spread the popcorn mixture in one layer on the baking sheet. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool and set.
6. Break the mixture into small pieces. Keri Fisher