|1/2||cup heavy cream|
|1||bunch fresh sorrel, stemmed and rinsed well|
2. Cut the sorrel across the leaves into thin strips. Place 3/4 of the sorrel in a blender with the hot cream. Puree until the sorrel melts into the cream. Return to the saucepan; set aside. Reserve the remaining sorrel.
|2||teaspoons salt, or to taste|
|1||pound asparagus, stalks trimmed and peeled|
|4||pieces skinless, boneless salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)|
|1/2||teaspoon ground white pepper|
|2||teaspoons canola oil|
2. Drop the asparagus into the water and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to ice water. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Sprinkle the salmon on both sides with the salt and pepper.
4. In a large nonstick skillet that can go into the oven, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot, place the salmon skinned side up in the pan. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Continue cooking for 4 minutes.
5. In another skillet, heat the butter and cook the asparagus over medium heat for 2 minutes; remove from the heat.
6. Divide the salmon among 4 large plates. Reheat the sorrel sauce until hot. Spoon it over the salmon and garnish with asparagus and the reserved sorrel. Adapted from Ben Hasty