|3 3/4||cups bread flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|1||cup diced ham|
|1/2||cup diced cheddar cheese|
|1/2||cup sliced scallions|
|2||cups cold heavy cream|
2. In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the ham, cheese, and scallions and toss with the dry ingredients until evenly distributed.
3. Make a well in the center of the mixture, add the cream, and stir by hand until the batter is evenly moistened. Place the dough in the lined pan, pressing it into an even layer. Cover with the other parchment round. Freeze the dough for at least 12 hours or until very firm.
4. Set the oven at 350 degrees.
5. Leave the dough at room temperature for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a cutting board. With a long chef's knife, cut the dough into 10 even wedges. Set them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake the scones for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool them on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm. Adapted from "Baking Boot Camp"