Makes about 30
These balls are similar to Mexican wedding cookies. When rolling, substitute confectioners' sugar for the granulated sugar and you'll achieve something quite like them. These make delicate treats for a bridal shower or post-wedding brunch.
|1||cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened|
|2||teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1||cup pecans, finely chopped|
|Extra sugar (for rolling)|
1. Set the oven at 325. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until dough is crumbly.
3. Add the pecans and continue mixing on low speed until the mixture forms a smooth dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Using a tablespoon or a 1-ounce portion scoop, place mounds of batter on the baking sheets.
5. With the palms of your hands, roll each cookie into a ball. Arrange the balls on the baking sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
6. Bake the cookies for 25 minutes or until the bottoms brown slightly; the tops should not brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
7. Put the extra sugar into a shallow dish. Roll the cookies in sugar to coat them lightly. Cool on a wire rack. Adapted from cookingwith alicia.com.