|Salt, to taste|
|6||tablespoons olive oil|
|3||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|2||teaspoons crushed red pepper|
|1/4||cup flat leaf parsley (leaves only)|
|3||pounds littleneck or cherrystone clams, well scrubbed|
|1||cup white wine|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a large flameproof casserole, heat 5 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic, red pepper, and half the parsley leaves over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the clams, cover with the lid, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the wine and leave off the cover. Cook for 3 minutes. Recover the pan and continue cooking, shaking the pan several times, for 3 minutes more, or until all the clams open (discard any that don't open).
4. Drop the linguini into the boiling water and cook according to package directions or until it is tender but still has some bite. Drain the pasta into a colander. Tip the linguini into the clam mixture and reduce the heat to low. Gently stir the pasta into the clams.
5. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the mixture and taste for seasoning. Add more salt, if you like. Cook for 1 minute more. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley leaves. Adapted from Russ Cohen