Serves 6 as a main course
This recipe was adapted by Lori Deliso of the Dinner Party Project from "Martha Stewart 2002 Annual Recipe Cookbook."
|2||large heads romaine lettuce|
|3||bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), cored, seeded, and chopped|
|1/2||cup pitted black olives, chopped|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|3||ripe avocados, sliced|
|Juice of 2 limes, or more to taste|
|1/2||cup chopped cilantro|
|1||can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed|
|3||eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and chopped|
1. On a long, shallow serving platter, arrange the lettuces.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, salt, and black pepper.
3. In another bowl, combine the avocado slices, juice of 2 limes, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro.
4. In a third bowl, combine the black beans, onion, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, salt and black pepper.
5. Arrange the vegetables, avocado mixture, and bean salad in a colorful pattern on the lettuce. Sprinkle with chopped egg and serve with green goddess dressing.
|1/2||cup sour cream|
|1||tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1||bunch chives, chopped|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
1. In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chives, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
2. Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.