Boston.com's sexiest movie contest: official rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited.
1. Sexiest Movie (the "Contest") starts on January 31, 2012 at 11:30:01 pm ET and ends on February 7, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. ET ("Entry Period"). Judges' and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open to legal residents of the Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission. Employees of The Boston Globe, Boston.com (collectively the "Sponsor") any prize providers ("Prize Providers") and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, during the Entry Period complete an official entry form by visiting www.boston.com ("Contest Site") and submit a personal anecdote on what you think is the "Sexiest Movie" and follow the on-screen instructions to submit an "Entry". One Entry permitted per day per person. Limit of one prize per Entry. All Entries must be received no later than 12:00:00 pm ET on February 7, 2012 and become the sole property of the Sponsor upon receipt by Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
Entry must meet the following requirements/guidelines to be eligible:
==> The anecdote must be a maximum of 100 words and must be in English.
==> The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
==> The Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
==> If any persons appear in the Entry, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
==> The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
==> The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
==> The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted online, at Sponsor's websites or other websites at Sponsor's sole discretion. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
5. JUDGING PHASE. Immediately following the Entry Period, the Judging Phase will take place. Meredith Goldstein and Wesley Morris will judge all eligible Entries received and score each Entry on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest). Judging will be based on the following criteria: Creativity (70%), and Originality (30%). In case of a tie, the Entry involved in the tie with the highest score in Creativity will be deemed the official winner, subject to having met eligibility and qualifications as set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges' and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winner will be notified by email and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier, which must be returned within two(2) days of date appearing on prize notification. Failure to respond to email notification within 1 day will be grounds for Sponsor's disqualification of potential winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
8. PRIZE: One (1) winner will have appetizers with the judges and receive two (2) tickets to a movie screening (Promotional consideration). Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. You may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. You are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. If for any reason any activity relating to the Prize or portion thereof is canceled or postponed, the balance of that Prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), injuries, liability (including settlements), losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
10. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the Entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the Entry and all elements of such Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party.
11. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize, the incorrect uploading of the Essay or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
14. REQUEST FOR WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners (available after 2/8/2012), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: Sexiest Movie Contest Winner, a/o Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125.
15. SPONSOR. Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125