Official contest rules: Sixties style
Share your 1960s-inspired photos
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
OVERVIEW: The Sixty Style Contest (the "Contest") will award one (1) grand prize. Entries done by use of a mobile device, may incur message and data fees. Check with your service provider to determine if any fees will be due.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter you must be (i) a legal resident of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont (the "Eligibility Area"), and (ii) 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sponsor, and all prize providers associated with the Contest, and all of their respective affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, distributors, divisions and their participating advertising, production and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and participating representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
2. TIMING: The Contest begins at 1:30 p.m. Daylight Savings Time ("DST") on May 13, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. DST on May 19, 2013 ("Entry Period"). All entries must be received at www.boston.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 20, 2013 to be considered for entry. Sponsor's clock is the official clock for the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: To enter the Contest visit www.boston.com and complete an official entry form as directed online and upload a photo of yourself in your best "sixties attire" ("Photo"). Photo must be jpg format and no more than 10 MBs. Photo and completed official entry form shall hereinafter be referred to as an "Entry".
4. PHOTO REQUIREMENTS. Photo must comply with the following guidelines:
i. The Photo may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
ii. The Photo must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
iii. If any person (other than you) appears in the Photo, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in the Photo is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian is required to sign a release for such minor.
iv. The Photo must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
v. You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Entry, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the Entry in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Photo a violation of any third party rights; or 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use the Entry royalty-free, worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
vi. The Photo must not contain any commercial content or logos.
vii. The Photo may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that it conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you for any reason at any time, including if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that you fail to conform to these Official Rules in any way, in its sole discretion. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted online, at Sponsor's websites or other websites at Sponsor's sole discretion. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting to any online social networks, without the express written consent of Sponsor in each instance.
5. CONTEST JUDGING, WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION: All eligible Entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges consisting of boston.com and The Boston Pops staffers on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest) based on the following criteria: (i) Originality, (ii) Creativity, and (iii) Authenticity of sixties attire. The Entry with the highest combined score will be deemed the potential winner ("Potential Winner"). In the event of a tie, an additional "tie-breaking" judge will determine the Potential Winner based on the criteria listed herein. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that: (a) your Entry will be shared for judging purposes; (b) your Entry will be shared with prize provider for prize fulfillment purposes; (c) the Boston Pops may use the Photo contained in your Entry as part of the Photo Flashback Montage to be shown at the "Music from the Mad Men Era" concerts on May 21, 22, 31, and June 1st, 2013 at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA, and (d) your Entry may be displayed as part of a photo montage on Boston.com. Judges' and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential Winner will be notified on or about May 24th, 2013 by telephone, mail and/or email at Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. QUALIFICATION OF WINNER: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an official winner ("Official Winner"), he/she will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (collectively the "Affidavit/Release") and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require within seven (7) business days from the date Sponsor sends such documents to the Potential Winner or be subject to disqualification. The Potential Winner must be able to provide proof that the Potential Winner is eligible to be deemed an Official Winner to Sponsor's satisfaction. If the documents are not returned within the stated time, or Potential Winner or Official Winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. A notification being returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification of such Potential Winner.
7. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One Official Winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA on June 1, 2013, at 8 p.m. Approximate Retail Value of the prize: $210.00. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize.
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with the Contest or prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize by winner. Unused components of a prize have no redeemable cash value. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL INCOMES TAXES ARISING FROM THE PRIZE WILL BE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
9. CONTEST CONDITIONS: Any Entry that has been tampered with or altered shall be rendered void. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems whether caused by technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failures of any computer system, servers or providers, computer or mobile device equipment, software, or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to your or to any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any cause beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Contest and award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment using the aforementioned judging criteria.
By submitting an Entry, you (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agree (and agree to affirm such in writing) to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to this Contest which decisions are final and binding in all respects, (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, (iii) forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, The Boston Pops and their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, demands, and cause of action from personal injury, loss or damage, including death, or property damage, theft, or loss suffered or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or the use, misuse or acceptance or possession of the prize or any portion thereof, or participation in any Contest-related activity; and (iv) grant Sponsor the right to use your name, address (city and state), photograph, performance, Entry and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation. Receipt of any of the prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, lawsuits, causes of action, proceedings, or liability due to any injuries, theft, damages, expenses, costs, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from i) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of the prize, ii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete Entries, iii) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Entry due to human error, iv) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, or any of their agents or employees, v) the Contest and any elements thereof, and the participation or inability to participate in any Contest-related activity or in this Contest, vi) acceptance, receipt, possession, attendance at, travel related to, defects in, misuse, inability to use, or use of the prize element contained in the prize including, but not limited to, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected or destroyed prize (or any element thereof), or vii) any change in the prize (or any components thereof) for any reason. In addition, Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by any persons providing the prize or services. Winner hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize. In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor finds to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the winner or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Sixty Style Contest" 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125, for receipt no later than 30 days following the drawing.