Rules: Bruce Springsteen sweeps
Boston.coms Bruce Springsteen Memories Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited.
Boston.coms Bruce Springsteen Memories Sweepstakes (the "Sweeps") starts at 12:01 p.m. (Eastern Time ET) on August 1, 2012 and ends at 9:01 a.m. ET on August 13, 2012 ("Entry Period"). Sponsors decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweeps. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Sweeps at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Sweeps is open to legal residents of the Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut. Entrants must be at least 18 at the time of submission. Employees of The Boston Globe, Boston.com (collectively the "Sponsor"), any and all prize providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, during the Entry Period complete an official entry form by visiting www.boston.com (the Sweeps Site) and follow the on-screen instructions to submit an Entry. One Entry permitted per person. Limit of one prize per Entry. If user submits more than one entry, the first entry will stand as the final entry from that user. All Entries must be received no later than 9:00 am ET on August 13, 2012 and become the sole property of the Sponsor upon receipt by Sponsor and will not be returned. MANDATORY: 200 words or less Bruce Springsteen memory. OPTIONAL photo/video requirements: If entry includes a photo submission, the photo must be jpg format and no more than 10 MBs. If entry includes a video submission, video link to YouTube or Brightcove must be included.
Entry must also comply with the following additional guidelines:
i. The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
ii. The Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
iii. If any persons appear in the Entry, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
iv. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
v. You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Entry, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the Entry in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Entry a violation of any third party rights; or 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use the Entry royalty-free, worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
vi. The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos.
vii. The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted online, at Sponsors websites or other websites at Sponsors sole discretion. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsors decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweeps. Potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier, which must be returned within two (2) days of date appearing on prize notification. Failure to respond to email notification within 24 hours will be grounds for Sponsors disqualification of potential winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsors sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up. The tickets will be available at will call. Additional merchandise will be mailed to the winner.
5. PRIZE: Grand Prize One (1) Winner will receive a pair of tickets to Bruce Springsteens August 15, 2012 show at Fenway Park in Boston, MA along with a an iPod pre-loaded with Bruce Springsteen tracks. Total Value: $400.00.
Prizes are awarded as is with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor. You may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. You are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsors sole discretion. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweeps; (b) to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, Released Parties) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys fees), injuries, liability (including settlements), losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrants participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
7. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the Entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the Entry and all elements of such Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize, the incorrect uploading of the Photo or Essay or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsors sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. REQUEST FOR WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners (available after 8/15/2012), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by 9/1/2012 to: Boston.coms Bruce Springsteen Sweeps, a/o Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125.
SPONSOR. Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125