We Come Running | Youngblood Hawke Listen Live

Obama or ABC's 'Pushing Daisies'?

Posted by Matthew Gilbert  October 29, 2008 04:58 AM

pushing_daisies.jpg

Tonight at 8, the Obama infomercial is airing on CBS, NBC, Fox, MSNBC, BET, Univision, and TV One, but not on ABC. At first ABC did not accept the Obamercial because the network didn't want to juggle its Wednesday schedule, which is built with hourlong blocks. And then ABC finally agreed to sell a half-hour, but the Obama campaign turned ABC down: "We had already committed our resources by the time they offered us the time," an Obama campaign spokesman told the Los Angeles Times.

I'm curious to see what kind of ratings the ABC offering, "Pushing Daisies," will come away with. "Pushing Daisies" has been drawing very low numbers this year -- around 6 million viewers a week. Will the ratings go up tonight, as those network-only-type viewers who are seeking counterprogramming land on ABC?

Frankly, I can't imagine too many people landing on "Pushing Daisies" and staying there. I truly admire the show, and I honor ABC for trying something different, and I deeply respect the set designers, who make it look so distinct and hallucinogenic. But I really don’t want to sit through any more episodes! Maybe I’d be more willing to watch the precious whimsy and forced enchantment if it only lasted a half hour. Maybe not. All the visual stylization and mannered acting prevents me from having an emotional connection with the characters. What can I say.

So what will you watch?

1. I'll be watching Pushing Daisies. I already know who I am voting for and I don't need any more convincing. ;-)
    Pushing Daisies is one of my favorite shows and I hope hope hope it doesn't get canceled.
    I agree it's not for everyone though. Either you like it or you don't.

Posted by Tracy October 29, 08 09:32 AM
  1. I'll be pushing daisies. I find it escapist fun...and fully expect both my interest and the show itself to only last a season or two...

Posted by ofdrusty October 29, 08 10:09 AM
  1. Pushing Daisies!!! It is sweet and whimsical and will be a breath of fresh air compared to the political infomercial on EVERY other channel!

Posted by Cate October 29, 08 12:25 PM
  1. I love Pushing Daisies and will be watching tonight. I know who I'm voting for and I'm from MA, so who cares anyway? I hope this show doesn't get cancelled. Watching it helps me escape from reality(as ofdrusty said). That's a good thing in these troubling economic times. It's like watching a mini-movie. It reminds me of classic Tim Burton(minus the clay). The stars all come from Broadway and have exceptional talent. There are to many "hit" shows on television, this is why some of the really great ones get missed. I'm obviously biased, but I think anyone who gives this show a chance would love it too.

Posted by redoctober October 29, 08 12:26 PM
  1. Most people I know are already decided so I can't imagine them wanting to sit through a 1/2 hour infomercial from either candidate. Those who are for the candidate don't need to hear more and those who are against the candidate will view it as merely propaganda. The anti's might watch just to have snippets to deride the next day.

I'd be curious to know the final number on how much this is costing the Obama campaign and how effective they really think it will be.

Posted by pomgreen October 29, 08 12:28 PM
  1. I've loved this show from episode 1! Sure the visuals are terrific (esp for a network show), but the writing and fun storylines are what keep me coming back! I'm already voting for Obama, so I'll definately be watching PD!

Posted by DavidDavidDavid October 29, 08 12:29 PM
  1. Most of TV is a wasteland. I watched NOVA and Frontline last night. Tonight will be listening to music and doing something constructive around the house. :)

Posted by John Mc October 29, 08 12:30 PM
  1. i'll turn off the tv. i thought about voting for obama, but this commercial is starting to turn me away. buying up 30min of air time on most of the major stations seems very self-centered to me.

Posted by banner18 October 29, 08 12:34 PM
  1. I will be watching pushing dasies cause I am so sick and tired of seeing Barack. Seriously who does this guy think he is - is he running for president of the United States of America or high school prom king...
    We get it Barack you are the man and we should all bow down to you!

Posted by Jessica October 29, 08 12:39 PM
  1. Bless my decision:

I don't have a television. There is far too much fifth-rate nonsense on it, and life is to short to spend it sacking out in front of the idiot box.

Posted by Talleyrand October 29, 08 12:43 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies because it is a fun quirky different show that is a nice break from reality which is why I watch TV I get enough reality in my daily life. Or maybe I will be cleaning out the basement. Quite frankly political commercials are bad enough but a half hour long infomercial? No thanks I have read enough on both candidates and reviewed their campaign sites to know which way I want to vote.

Posted by Liz October 29, 08 12:48 PM
  1. I'll be "Pushing Daisies." It's a favorite and I'm sick of ALL polititians.

Posted by Sheba October 29, 08 01:04 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies is one of television's best shows.

So of course it'll be Pushing Daisies over a political informercial in our household.

Posted by DC October 29, 08 01:05 PM
  1. i'll probably watch obama and if i don't i will watch it on the net later.

Posted by joe the thinker October 29, 08 01:09 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies of course. We have heard enough of Obama.

Posted by Ti October 29, 08 01:17 PM

1. I will watch Obama, mostly to see what he says, I am curious as to what he does with the time. I like the idea of our canidates having this kind of forum. I believe it would be good for America if both canidates did this. You can only throw in so many attacks in a half hour I am sure they must have some of thier policy views in it. I am already voting for Obama, but this should be interesting
    Pushing Daisies never hooked me in enought to sit and wait for it to come on. It is the kind of show I may watch if I had a Tivo. It does seem like a fun show

Posted by James E Stevenson October 29, 08 01:35 PM
  1. I've never watched Pushing Daisies and since the World Series will be delayed then based on what people here say about the show, I guess I'll watch Pushing Daisies.

Posted by Patsy October 29, 08 01:40 PM
  1. I'll watch Pushing Daisies because it may not be around for long and I love it. I'll see Obama's message on youtube or Huffingtonpost or any number of other outlets. And hopefully I'll be seeing and hearing from Obama a lot over the next four years!

Posted by David October 29, 08 01:40 PM
  1. Now that you've seen Barack Hussein Obama's true colors you'll tell the people about how he's in court over a "forged birth certificate", or how about telling the people how he gave over $800,000 to Acorn and they are in court in 11 different states for voter fraud, and how Obama is trying to stall that investigation. How many know he plans to be sworn in on the Koran because he doesn't believe in the validity of the Bible. When I watch the news some truth would be nice. If you'd tell the people the truth about the terrorist threat they wouldn't be so caviler about Obama being connected to them.

Posted by Karen October 29, 08 01:49 PM
  1. Actually, a rep from ABC claimed that they were negotiating and they had offered a different time slot, later in the evening, and Obama had turned it down because the offer came after they had already spent their resources buying the other ads on other stations.

Posted by krystyn October 29, 08 01:50 PM
  1. I'll watch Pushing Daisies. I don't need to watch the Barack Obama show, it's clear to all of us that he is buying this Presidency so why should sit and watch him bloviate for 1/2 hour?

Posted by Pioneer Girl October 29, 08 01:51 PM
  1. ANYTHING but watching Obama. I'm sick of seeing the man, I'm sick of hearing his lies, I'm sick of his condescending attitudes towards Americans.

Posted by True Blue American October 29, 08 01:52 PM
  1. Pickin' up the daisies, puttin' down O'Bama. Love the flourescent whirl and don't need the drama.

Posted by Buhdayduh October 29, 08 01:53 PM

Posted by Patsy October 29, 08 01:56 PM
  1. I agree with the majority of comments already posted. I've already decided on my candidate and will be watching Pushing Daisies. I'm not too cool for television. There really are some shows worth watching including this one and Mad Men. I hope that this gives PD an opportunity to gain a bigger audience so that it can be kept on the air longer.

Posted by Anne B October 29, 08 01:58 PM
  1. CNN, because they are not showing the Obama infomercial either. I might take a peek at Pushing Daisies to see what it is about and also to laud ABC for not showing the infomercial, but then back to CNN to thank them also. Hope they both get my ratings this way. I just don't think I can take one more speech about McCain being Bush...it is like a broken record and am so sick of listening to it.

Posted by Sharon October 29, 08 01:58 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies is amazing television! I never miss it...I'll have to watch the Obama infomercial on the web afterwards. I hope Pushing Daisies can continue to run past this season, but like most good television it won't last long...perhaps more people will watch it tonight, it's better than watching a 3.5 inning ball game without the Red Sox!

Posted by Mike H October 29, 08 02:01 PM
  1. I'll watch anything BUT Obama.

Posted by Natalie October 29, 08 02:03 PM
  1. I'll be watching my recording of NCIS from last night rather than see Obama's face or hear his voice for one more second than I have to! Maybe he should spend all that surplus contribution money on something more useful than spreading more of his propaganda.

Posted by Concerned Independent October 29, 08 02:03 PM
  1. I'll watch Pushing Daisies and turn it off when Obama comes on my screen. :)

Posted by Dan October 29, 08 02:15 PM
  1. Pushing Daiseys is garbage and won't make it to sweeps before it is canceled. OBAMA 2008, you need to watch your next president speak!!!

Posted by KevGuy October 29, 08 02:19 PM
  1. I love Pushing Daisies!!! It's one of my favorite shows! It's not like anything else on TV! Even if I didn't like it though, I'd rather watch anything, even a blank screen, than watch the lying, manipulative, stupid Obama.

Posted by Karen October 29, 08 02:26 PM
  1. I just have one question: Why does it have to be on more than one channel??
    I'm offended by the waste of money in putting it on so many channels. One is more than enough. I'll be watching a movie or reading a book. Kudos to ABC, though they did offer to show it later, so, maybe not.

Posted by Wendy October 29, 08 02:30 PM
  1. Karen, Turn off Fox News and do some research. The non-partisan websites Snopes and factcheck.org have already debunked your desperately sad talking points about the birth certificate, Obama's religion, etc. I know your ilk is more concerned about Mickey Mouse voting a la the fake ACORN registration fraud outrage, but the real issue is that registered voters are being deprived of their legal right to vote. And that's not being perpetrated by ACORN; it's being perpetrated by the Republican party. I will be watching PD because I'm already voting for Obama.

Posted by Kathy October 29, 08 02:31 PM
  1. I will be watching Pushing Daisies! When a President want- to-be, buys air time, this late in the game, something sounds too much like Communism, to me, when this 30 minute time slot, is being pushed on every channel and you do not have a choice. I already voted in the early voting, and I do not need his garbage being pushed down my throat!

Posted by Charlotte October 29, 08 02:38 PM
  1. This show is so GREAT! I love it! Keep it on! Not sure about this whole Obamercial, sort of lame on his part and frankly a little unnecessary. Also, DAISIES is not Garbage!

Posted by Krista October 29, 08 02:39 PM
  1. 1) Factcheck.org is not as unbiased as the lefties like to say it is

2) Not only is it a crime all this money being WASTED on this election, but lets all remember if Obama would have kept his PROMISE to use public campiagn financing, he wouldn't have had this money for this ad in the first place. It's wrong, especially when the world is in such bad economic times to be wasting money like this. SHAME ON YOU OBAMA

Posted by CR October 29, 08 02:41 PM
  1. This show is so GREAT! I love it! Keep it on! Not sure about this whole Obamercial, sort of lame on his part and frankly a little unnecessary. Also, Daisies is not Garbage!

Posted by k October 29, 08 02:45 PM
  1. i won't be watching either. obama spending millions of dollars to buy television commercial time for himself is nauseating. and kathy... don't believe what factcheck.org tells you since it is related to obama through annenberg. it is comparable to asking the republican party for the scoop on mccain.

Posted by kim October 29, 08 02:52 PM
  1. No one would make me miss an episode of Pushing Daisies, and although I will vote for Obama, I think ABC is great for sticking to their schedule. People who don't have the focus or imagination to appreciate Pushing Daisies are the ones who lose - it's the best thing on TV!

Posted by Myra October 29, 08 02:55 PM
  1. Umm... where's the love for America's Next Top Model?

Posted by Brian October 29, 08 03:13 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies! I have never watched it, but I applaud ABC for not showing infomercials during prime time.

Posted by Sandy October 29, 08 03:16 PM
  1. I'm so dismayed by the comments I'm reading here... Loving the fantastic Pushing Daisies doesn't automatically mean that one is a Republican Obama hater! I love Daisies and I support Obama. Democrats- don't blame Daisies for being up against Obama's speech- they had nothing to do with it! It was ABC's decision.

Posted by Lisa October 29, 08 03:16 PM
  1. anything but Obama

Posted by steven October 29, 08 03:18 PM
  1. I think Pushing Daisies will be acquiring some new fans from viewers who are as sick of this election as I am...but I'd be watching the show no matter what, since I watch it every week and hope it doesn't get canceled!! Thank you to ABC for waiting too long to sell time to those rich democrats!

Posted by Jude October 29, 08 03:19 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies. No contest. This is a feel good show that makes me laugh and feel better after 60 minutes. I couldn't POSSIBLY say the same thing about the political campaign.

Posted by Connie October 29, 08 03:19 PM
  1. "I will be watching Pushing Daisies! When a President want- to-be, buys air time, this late in the game, something sounds too much like Communism, to me, when this 30 minute time slot, is being pushed on every channel and you do not have a choice. I already voted in the early voting, and I do not need his garbage being pushed down my throat!"

Communism? Really? Television time going to the highest bidder sounds like Capitalism to me.
    It's funny how the Pubs cry about Obama spending money on a campaign ad but say nothing about Ms. Palin's $150k wardrobe.
    I'll be grocery shopping tonight. GO OBAMA

Posted by Noel October 29, 08 03:39 PM
  1. I'LL WATCH ANYTHING BUT THAT NARCISSISTIC LYING LOOSER OBAMA

Posted by MARY October 29, 08 03:41 PM
  1. To answer the question: I couldn't care less about Pushing Daisies, and being the only choice on TV isn't going to get me to. However, I don't think I'll watch Obama either. Thank goodness for web surfing, Hulu, and games like World of Warcraft. If for any reason I had to cut either my cable TV subscription, or my broadband Internet connection, I'd drop the TV way before the Internet.

Posted by Leroy Jenkins October 29, 08 03:44 PM
  1. I will be watching Reba on Lifetime or I will turn it to Nick at Night or maybe just like Malia I will watch Disney(even his own daughters questions him about buying up all that tv:))

Posted by rachel October 29, 08 03:45 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies! I love this show, and if I have to watch either of those fools on TV one more time, I might just vomit.

Go, Pushing Daisies!!

Posted by Ashley October 29, 08 03:55 PM
  1. Obama. Been looking forward to this for two weeks. Been hearing good things about "Daisies" though, so the DVR may eliminate the need for a choice.

Posted by Tom October 29, 08 04:02 PM
  1. No Obama for me - tonight or on election day. This country needs to be lead by a patriot. Can you even imagine Obama saying the pledge of allegiance or singing the national anthem? I think he'd choke on the words. What a fraud.

Posted by NHViewpoint October 29, 08 04:13 PM
  1. Given that this is going to be the most important presidential election in my lifetime, probably, I'll be watching Barack. I've already voted via absentee ballot, but it seems hard to believe that so many people here seem intent on escapism when so much is at stake!

Posted by Chris Fitch October 29, 08 04:21 PM
  1. I will definetly be watching pushing daisies. I really enjoy this show and hope that it doesn't get canceled. It helps me smile and laugh again through these hard times. Besides i'm sick of listening to Obama.

Posted by Jessica October 29, 08 04:24 PM
  1. Number 53 . . . . if Obama is not a patriot why would he run for president of the country? Your thinking is so immature and ridiculous. Would YOU be remotely interested in living in (especially if you were in financial position to live in almost any country you might choose) and being president of a country other than one you cared for? Use your brains, NHViepoint.

Posted by charles perrine October 29, 08 04:43 PM
  1. Wow. I'm sort of sickened by so much of what I read here. We seem to be a country that is populated entirely by people who cannot, or will not think for themselves. Anyone who says Obama is a Socialist, Communist, terrorist, liar, cheat or not a citizen is an idiot. Seriously - an idiot. Or a Fox news watcher, which is the same thing. And taking his oath on the Koran...are you serious? Dumbest person alive, whoever believes that. And anyone who says McCain is a doddering fool, a cheat, etc. is no better. You people need to start thinking for yourselves rather than let your minds be made up for you by whatever the left or right says on television. And Pushing Daisies rules.

Posted by youcanthelpit October 29, 08 04:49 PM
  1. I already know I'm voting for Obama, but I enjoy listening to him speak so I'll be watching him. And then I'll watch him again on The Daily Show.

Posted by Sarah W. October 29, 08 04:49 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies here over an Obama "Infomercial". Liked its whimsy last season but haven't had the occasion to watch this year so maybe tonight's the night.

Posted by Otis October 29, 08 05:26 PM
  1. Barack Hussein Obama lacks integrity and judgement. He lied about Acorn, he lied about Rezco, what else does he lie about? Whatever he needs to at the time!! I would watch Pushing Daisies before wasting my time.

Posted by Fitz October 29, 08 05:27 PM
  1. I'm not watching either one - I already voted for Obama. Two reasons: 1) neither candidate has a good chance of living out their entire term so I selected based on the most experienced pick for a VP; c'mon - Palin.......REALLY? 2) Between Obama and McCain I chose the happier and least ANGRY guy; I don't need any more anger in my life or my child's life and I don't think it's good for other countries to see us as angry either, 3) I chose the candidate who is funded by nickels and dimes from REAL people - not corporations, special interest groups, oil companies, lobbyists, etc. In the hopes that he is the least 'corruptible' of the two and the most likely to 'do the right thing' for PEOPLE - putting our needs above the wants of 'corporate citizens'. Oh....that was 3 things....

Posted by 1SaneGuy October 29, 08 05:28 PM
  1. I will be watching Pushing Daisies. I voted for Obama already, but him spending so much money on this infommercial makes me sick.

Posted by Den October 29, 08 06:05 PM
  1. Karen, you are a liar. Pure, simple..liar. Morons like you are the reason you need to watch Obama and turn off silly ABC. Obama has lessof a relationship with Acorn than McCain who was their keynote speaker in 2006. But, that;s ok...you stick with socialist Palin who stated, on the record, that Alaskans share their resources....losers.

Posted by qdome October 29, 08 06:32 PM
  1. I like Pushing Daisies. It is a really cute show. If I happen to be around, I watch it. It won't keep me from tuning into Barack Obama. I am a total Obama supporter. Have been since 2004. He won't sway me with his message- I know I will vote for him. Then I will tune into the World Series. By 9:30, I'll be in bed. I have to get up and go to work tomorrow. How about the rest of you?

Posted by iviomxo October 29, 08 06:39 PM
  1. ABC just went up in my book....

Posted by justin October 29, 08 07:10 PM
  1. this 1/2 hour will be apreview of what we will be subject to for the next 4 years if people don't wake up. No stop sermons from the Mount.

Posted by MickMcQ October 29, 08 07:15 PM
  1. I won't be looking at more PROPAGANDA from OBAMA. As an non-partisan voter, I was originally going to consider Obama, but now I am too much concerned about his association with questionable individuals, especially those with radical tendencies, and those in Europe and his being surrounded by so much controversy to want to take the chance. Not to mention his incomplete security clearance. The Muslim-Islamic saying that they will raise the flag at the White House has me extremely concerned! Will this be Obama they have reference to! I only hope Americans make the right choice but not for the wrong reasons. I prefer the devil I know than the one I don’t. Especially knowing that unless changes are made in congress to weed out those that were at fault in the financial disaster aside that of the President, nothing will actually happen by changing party affiliation except to possibly undermine the security of our country and American people as well!

Posted by Joan of Arc October 29, 08 07:19 PM
  1. I'm grateful that ABC didn't pre-empt Pushing Daisies for an over-priced political ad. Gee, and they talk about wardrobe cost? How much did these ads cost that are being pushed down the throats of tv viewers. My God! It even pre-empts the World Series game???? Bad precident to set!!!

Posted by Momof2inOhio--voting for McCain! October 29, 08 07:21 PM
  1. Watching the NFL Network replay of a game from this past Sunday. I already know who won the game, but I can't stand watching 20 seconds of Obama let alone 30 minutes!

Posted by Dave October 29, 08 07:24 PM
  1. never heard of pushing daisies - I will listen to Obama and wait for the world series

Posted by Rick Rhody October 29, 08 07:26 PM
  1. Not Obama! .I don’t know who is worse, our political party for selling us out in the name of power and financial gain, or our own people in the United States allowing themselves to be brain washed and not caring enough to become more educated about the issues. Choosing a candidate they want to vote for should not be based on their race, gender, age or education. As soon as times get hard we become turn coats and believe in empty promises made by the political candidates not caring how truthful they really are. It’s the name of the game to use smear tactics, dirty tricks and whatever else you call it. This campaign is no different except for the bombardment of advertisements. Don’t let others influence your vote. Do you want to continue to have freedom of choice to vote for the party and candidate of your choice, then don’t throw away this valuable right by taking everything you see and hear by bias individuals as gospel.

Posted by Joan of Arc October 29, 08 07:32 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies, I'm sick of politics.

Posted by Anonymous October 29, 08 07:47 PM
  1. Definitely watching Pushing Daisies (as I write this, actually). Obama seems to have bought everything else. Darn Republican. No....wait.

Posted by OwlCreelObserver October 29, 08 07:48 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies!! I am so sick of all the politics. I will be so happy when the election is over.

Posted by Willow79 October 29, 08 08:09 PM
  1. I will be watching "Pushing Daisies" for sure. I cannot get enough of it. I think it's the most original program on television in a very long tim amidst a time when we are constantly wondering why there's no originality in Hollywood anymore. I have already voted and could care less about Obama's infomercial tonight. However, I wonder if he'll pull people out of the audience on stage to demonstrate what he's selling.

Posted by RLE October 29, 08 08:16 PM
  1. I don't for one second think Obama will take the oath of office with his hand on the Koran, but really, what would be the big freakin' deal? If we elected a Muslim, it would make sense for him or her to put their hand on the Koran. It's their holy book. And a Jew would put his hand on the Torah. So what? It's not the religion that someone is that's important. It's what kind of a person they are and what kind of a leader they'll be. Are we still a nation that believes in freedom of religion or not? And I did watch Obama. And every single debate. And I haven't been so hopeful about the direction of this nation in many, many long years.

Posted by Minnie October 29, 08 08:33 PM
  1. McCain was a NAVY PILOT....his daddy gave him the job because his daddy was in charge of all those big Ol' boat's......How much leadership does it take to follow these instructions....Take this plane over there and let go of some bombs and come back to this boat and sleep in that suite while the real leaders are on the ground leading troops in the jungle ,living in the jungle catching all kinds of diseases .....Big Sky little bullet he found it. Yes he was a Hero for inspiring his fellow inmates to hold on as long as he and they could and that should never be overlooked. Yes he endured torture beyond what any one of us could, but did every pilot that was shot down and caught be given the very same treatment.

Posted by Paulo October 29, 08 09:06 PM
  1. Oh darn, I didn't get to watch "Pushing Daisies" tonight. I would have watched that over the Obama-mercial though, I LOVE that show!

Posted by Melissa October 29, 08 09:26 PM
  1. Pushing DAISIES!

Posted by Jessica S. October 29, 08 09:56 PM
  1. Thank you, ABC. You gave us something we would rather than Obama's propaganda.... and I don't even watch "Pushing Daisies" but will do so now.

Posted by Gigi October 29, 08 10:13 PM
  1. I'll be watching "Pushing Daisies" regardless of what the other channels have on. It is, imo, the freshest antidote to banal (and popular) reality TV on television.

Posted by Kathy October 29, 08 10:15 PM
  1. What a disappointing display of comments. Even in this connected world with such a wide variety of information sources available the number of misconceptions and lies is incredible. Our schools are clearly lacking in teaching the art of critical thinking.

Vote for whoever you feel will lead our country, but before you do attempt some basic research from multiple information sources. Heck you might learn something in the process.

Obama will be getting my vote.

Posted by focused on the issues October 29, 08 10:19 PM
  1. Of course i will be watching Pushing Daisies. I never missed a show so far.
    Obama, or, Lee Pace? Lee Pace of course.

Posted by Janet Nigro October 29, 08 10:44 PM
  1. Obama broke his promise commiting to public financing of his campaign.
    His campaign is receiving huge dollar contributions as a result of that broken promise.
    He now can spend $1 million per network ($5 to $6 million) in advertising himself to us (yet the media is all concerned about Palin's wardrobe).
    I am not buying a product, I'm electing a President . I'm insulted that Obama thinks he can promote (advertise) himself to Office of the
    President of the United States.
    I was undecided until tonight. Obama has demonstrated his true colors, and he has lost my vote!!!

Posted by tom b October 29, 08 11:41 PM
  1. I'm 16, and most of you sound more immature than half the kids at my school. Grow up! half of the retarded crap you people are saying I can't even register as a reasonable thought. I'm sick of how narrow minded and air headed you so called "adults" are. Freedom of speech, I get it but you have to realize you all sound like pissed off kids with nothing better to do. Grow up, act like adults, good job setting examples for us kids.

But of course I'll be watching Pushing Daises, great show.

Posted by Thomas October 30, 08 12:02 AM
  1. At least Obama is using the money to win where McCain is using the money to dress Sarah Palin.

Posted by sdnks October 30, 08 12:45 AM
  1. If ABC does not care about the future of our country, then I do not care to watch. Otherwise we will be pushing them up very soon . Have fun politically ignorant America!

P.S.: They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. (Benjamin Franklin -1959)

Posted by usapatri8 October 30, 08 01:02 AM
  1. I watched Pushing Daisies. No contest there. And I agree with most of the comments here... I'm sick of this election, can't wait till it's over, and am disgusted there was even an "Obamafomercial" tonight. Thank God for the vibrant escape of Daisies!

Posted by kaysi October 30, 08 02:49 AM

1. It is amazing how so many contributors here are turn off by Obama's infomercial. I have believe that those who chose to watch Pushing Daisies are the same ones who would have chosen or did choose to look the other way when Wall Street crooks stole all the cookies from the cookie jar, and probably the same ones who supported going to war based on the bad intelligence supplied to Secretary Powell that there were WMDs in Iraq.

Posted by DJT October 30, 08 05:34 AM
  1. Sick to death of Obama shoving himself down our throats!!!!! WTH, now he's taking over primetime?!!!! He's an arrogant, self-serving, clueless, presidential hopeful that needs to quit acting like he's already won. Seriously, taking over primetime on ALL the local channels?!! That is ridiculous!! He is NOT the President and should not have been given that opportunity. But, as always, money talks!

Posted by Sharon October 30, 08 10:48 AM
  1. 'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'
    -Ronald Reagan
    Freedom of religon is what America is about and while 85% of Muslims are peace loving people 15% of a billion (very large #) have vowed to kill anyone who does not believe in the Koran. Where does Obama stand in that billion? Having him tied in anyway to known terrorists is enough for me.
    I am now a faithful ABC watcher. Thank you ABC!

Posted by Karen October 30, 08 12:32 PM
  1. I love love love pushing daisies the show never bores me and its completely not the ordinary, I'm so sick of all the blah crime solving shows they are boring now there are so many similar ones out there, but pushing daisies is different and even if allot of people aren't watching it at air time I know allot of people watch it online. But I will probably switch back and forth during commercials to watch some of Obama speak!

Posted by Caity October 30, 08 12:47 PM
  1. I love Pushing Daisies!!! It's my favorite show ever! OF course I have to tivo it cause I work much!

Posted by Carina October 30, 08 03:47 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies is one of the best shows, next to Heroes, Psych, Chuck, Life, Monk, My Own Worst Enemy, and basically anything but Barack Obama.

McCAIN-PALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by SYLAR October 30, 08 06:04 PM
  1. I'll be watching pushing daisies; Lee Pace is a sexy beast...don't cancel the show!

Posted by piemakersgirl October 30, 08 08:30 PM
  1. Isn't the fact that Obama raised so much money a good thing? Our country needs to raise ALOT of money, so why not have someone who is good at it?

Pushing Daisies looked really stupid before it came out, but I didn't have cable, and was hooked after the first episode. It is probably the most well written network show since arrested development, and i hope it doesn't suffer the same fate.

Posted by Tode October 30, 08 09:36 PM
  1. I watched Pushing Daisies. Had about enough of Obama's media and self promotion for the last year. I'm sure when he gets elected he'll probably have a celebrity talk show on CBS.

Posted by Vegas Craig October 30, 08 11:00 PM
  1. Im sick of Obama and his lame excuses for Presidency. I cannot take him or his see-through governmental promises and falsehoods. "Pushing Daisies" has more worthwhile values in its one hour programming time than Obama has made in his entire campain. Its a no contest.

Posted by Sam October 30, 08 11:10 PM
  1. PUSHING DAISIES!!!!!!!!! I know who I am voting for and I love pushing daisies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by juliette Heggemann October 31, 08 12:30 AM
  1. Definitely Pushing Daisies.

I've been on the Obama train for years, and I'm still seduced from before. He shows a high level of intelligence, understanding, and frankly, from what we've seen, an incredible talent, not for speaking, but for organization and structure. Something America needs?

And Pushing Daisies is so, so, so, so, so good. I hope people keep tuning it because it really deserves to stay on the air.

Posted by Joel October 31, 08 01:33 AM
  1. I will go on strike...and we all know from the writer's strike how much that sucks, this is the only show on TV that is unique and different and that any age can watch. I am so upset....

Posted by Nicky October 31, 08 10:26 AM
  1. I DID choose to watch Pushing Daisies over Obama!!!!!!!!! Does any one really need to hear more BS from either of the presidental camps?? If you don't know who they are or what they are spouting out by now you should stay out of the polls!
    I think the show is amazing, and would be very dissapointed if it were not on!!
    Good for ABC for keeping with their line up for the evening!!
    It is Dark, yet Very Funny, and who does not LOVE Jim Dale's narative!!!

Posted by Wickedflower October 31, 08 11:53 AM
  1. qdome - I am not a liar or a moron, sorry.
    Kathy - I don't have fox news available. I do my own research and draw my information from folks I "know" to be more intelligent and well informed than I am.

May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced. May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God. God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
    Yep, I borrowed that, but it is the appropriate response for gdome. I don't get into all the name calling. I do however think we can learn from the passion of others if you're willing hear them. I'll pray that both of you are right because there is nothing I'd like better than to be wrong.

Posted by karen October 31, 08 12:22 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies is one of the best shows on tv. In fact, it's one of the best shows that have ever been on t.v. It's witty, smart, whimsical, and most of all it's interesting with every episode. I am excited and looking forward to this election year. I feel like an expectant mother, I just want to get it over with!

Posted by lise October 31, 08 02:23 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies definitely rock!

There is so much to say about this show but only quite few people with an eye for detail would appreciate it.

People should really know who they will vote for. I think it is unfair to compare t.v. shows (especially b/c infomercial is not even a show) since they do convey different impressions to different people.

Posted by Marc Robinsone Caballero October 31, 08 03:53 PM
  1. Pushing Daisies is one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen in a long time. It's very hard to sit through and the narrator is creepy. My husband tivo it and I watch a couple of episodes. The story line is rediculous. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled soon.

Posted by Nichole October 31, 08 04:15 PM
  1. I love, love, LOVE Pushing Daisies. It's the best show on television.

Posted by Anna November 1, 08 01:50 PM
  1. I love pushing daisies and I hope it sticks around for a long time It's a creatively refreshing show, with no equal on TV. It's hard to find a show with it's intelligence, charm and wit plus its a relatively clean show that I am not ashamed to tell my mom or preacher to watch.
    As for the election...I already voted but I was tired of campaign ads 6 months ago. The majority of the population already knows who they are going to vote and the other people who don't know (or don't care) weren't going to vote anyway.

Posted by Kate November 1, 08 04:41 PM
  1. I was at a graduate school class while this was on. I adore Pushing Daisies and have missed every episode this year. It's a delightful show and despite what some readers say, the whole show is very well put together.

Posted by Francesca November 1, 08 09:10 PM
  1. Didn't watch the Obama fest. Prefer pushing daisies to the self focuesd hype from Obama. Frankly I think his plans will hurt the country more just as Clintons actions paved the way for a very difficult decade up to now. Not looking forward to the next if Obama takes the helm.

So... I'll watch Pushing Daisies!

Posted by Vic Thorpal November 2, 08 02:09 PM
  1. A nice quiet evening at home. Oh! This is the life.

Posted by Bishpoul November 4, 08 07:13 PM

About Viewer Discretion

What we're watching on TV.

Katie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.

Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.

Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.