Bumblebee | Kasabian Listen Live

'Idol:' Heartless

Posted by Joanna Weiss  March 11, 2009 09:24 PM

So the big rule change is revealed: the judges get to save a single contestant, once, from elimination -- and only before the top 5. It's a power they'll only use, it's clear, to protect someone who they think could win it all. So who would that be? Danny, for sure. And Adam. How about Megan? Alexis? Allison? Anoop?

More thoughts on tonight's elimination show after the jump...

OK, I was kidding about Anoop winning it all. But the big headline for tonight is, he's safe! As predicted by dialidol.com, he was protected by a quite-forgiving fan base. Also safe was Megan, who was Vote For The Worst's choice of the week. Of course, she has a legitimate fan base, too, including my four-year-old daughter, who doesn't understand irony (or vocal talent) yet, but has declared that she likes Megan best.

I wasn't shocked that Jorge or Jasmine would be out, and I wasn't surprised at all that the judges wouldn't save them. Jorge's a good karaoke singer at best, and Jasmine lacks the presence and the skill to compete at this level.

Other tidbits from DialIdol: Danny and Adam came in first and second, respectively. This proves that while our own crowd is deeply divided on Adam, he clearly is getting some love. It also proves that people usually listen to the judges, who might not really need that veto power, after all. Especially because, as both Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hicks will tell you, winning isn't everything. (Kelly Clarkson, however, can attest that it helps. Though, hit single notwithstanding -- and she did sound good -- she was looking a little haggard, no?)

1. You let your 4-year-old daughter watch American Idol?
    Get her a book!

Posted by Abe March 11, 09 10:38 PM
  1. Adam is terrible. I don't want to be screamed at every week. He is going to be safe. He was terrible this week and got that many votes.

Kelly looked like she packed on a few. Still love her albums.

Posted by doug March 11, 09 10:47 PM
  1. Why did Paula jump up like a drunk, mentally challenged, sorrority girl last night when that Little-Richard-Wannabee Adam sang, but sat down and clapped quietly when a legitimate pop singer like Kelly Clarkson performed tonight. I don't get this. Can someone please explain this to me?

Posted by Don Mattingly March 11, 09 11:33 PM
  1. I thought Kelly looked good. She doesn't have a supermodel's body, but it's good to see a young celebrity showing off a -normal- female body rather than an anorexic one.

I agree that Jasmine probably doesn't have it in her to go all the way in this competition, but she's still better than Megan even on her worst day and Megan's best. Did anyone notice how awkward Megan looked during the group song (which I usually fast forward through, except that I watched live this week)? I guess they didn't choreograph in enough hip-swivels for her comfort.

Posted by Andy Anonymous March 12, 09 12:00 AM
  1. Kelly, even though she looked a little overweight and "haggard", still did the job behind the mike by sounding like a young Bette Midler. Meanwhile, the new "save" rule will probably only be used for Gokey, Lambert, or Rounds.

Posted by JT March 12, 09 01:53 AM
  1. Re: Kelly, I was talking about her styling, not her shape.
    Re: 4-year-olds: Why would you imagine that books and "American Idol" are mutually exclusive?

Posted by Joanna March 12, 09 04:33 AM
  1. Since you opened the door I'd say add more books and cut AI--four is much too young for it. Kind of a creepy view of people packaging plus watching those four sitting in judgment--really, what's the good in it for a kid?

Posted by GC March 12, 09 05:38 AM
  1. I love Kelly Clarkson and I think the only thing that looked haggard about her was her hair.
    I do NOT like Megan at all and just do NOT get how she is even here. I can't believe she has a fan base. If it comes to the point where she gets voted off and the judges save her, I will have to turn off AI and never return. She's horrible.
    I do like how Ryan treated Jasmine last night. I thought he was very tender and I believe he truly respects and admires her.
    I still don't have a diehard favorite yet. I do like Lambert and Gokey but there are others that I'm watching that I'm hoping will surprise us all with consistent and improving performances over the next several weeks. I like Rounds but not as much as I did when I first saw her. I think Gokey is the favorite to win it all, but whoever thought Taylor Hicks was going to win!!!!

Posted by causewaychaos March 12, 09 05:51 AM
  1. Megan can't sing. Kelly is awesome! Why doesn't anyone say anything about Ruben being fat?

Posted by Megan March 12, 09 06:00 AM
  1. Kelly needed a comb through, otherwise she can look however she looks as long as she can belt like that. Allison certainly has a lot of the same going for her.
    Are we going to have to go through 8 weeks of Ryan Seacrest torturing the home goers with an appeal before the judges? I guess we are.
    Adam is extraordinarily good ladies and gents. Get over it.

Posted by Glory Bee March 12, 09 06:10 AM
  1. I just want to know when "suck" became such a good word to use all the time. It's so low-life and so overused.
    I didn't watch the results show. Seriously bored with the "talent" this year. That new judge is just looking for a product to take to market.

Posted by iviomxo March 12, 09 06:15 AM
  1. I think some of you should lay off the parenting tips and stick to the Idol Chat. My then 5 year old son started watching Idol with my wife and I. We made it family time and chose our favorites to see who'd win. My son quickly picked Chris Daughtry as his favorite and to this day still loves his music. For his 6th birthday, we all saw Chris in concert down at the Big E. Yes, we read books, play games and do other things together, but music is huge in our house and the important thing is, we're doing it together. Joanna, enjoy your time together with daughter, no matter what you're doing.

Posted by Not that T.O. March 12, 09 06:57 AM
  1. We started watching when my son was around 3 -- he loved watching the singing & music. Kids love music -- and I think this show has shown him just how wonderful it is to sing --- which he does all the time now. 5 years later, now he judges their singing -- oh, she was flat on that last part he will say -- (and he's right) There is nothing wrong with kids watching idol -- and if it brings more exposure to music -- than more should be watching it for that alone. Plus, if you there with your child, you can talk about how it is wrong to drink "spicy" coke...

Posted by springdreamer March 12, 09 06:58 AM
  1. Didn't they say that this new rule would have helped Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson and a few others avoid elimination? If the rule only applies until the top 5 spots are decided, none of the individuals listed would have benefited from the rule as they were all already in the top 5.

Posted by celtsowner March 12, 09 07:07 AM
  1. Get off the 4 year old thing.. this time change has messed my 4 year old up. He is not ready to go to bed at 8 anymore as his body has adjusted so I guess that makes me a bad mom since I read to him for a half an hour before Idol and then let him watch a little with me so he could wind down.. please. Anyone with a 4 year old knows that being 'by the book' so to speak is not happening. Have some fun and flexibility as before you know it, your little 4 year old that actually wants to hang out with you now, is grown and wants nothing to do with you.
    BTW: I like Megan's different style. She won't win but I am enjoying her. Adam is too over the top for me, google him and you will see!

Posted by Mom of a 4 year old March 12, 09 07:15 AM
  1. My order (as of 3/10) … Adam, Danny, Allison, Alexis, Lil, Michael, Scott, Matt, Kris, Megan, Anoop, Jasmin-X, Jorge-X. Voters (as of 3/10) … Danny Adam, Lil, Alexis, Anoop, Scott, Kris, Matt, Allison, Michael, Megan, Jasmine-X, Jorge-X.

Posted by Otis March 12, 09 07:19 AM
  1. I wished they had the "saved" rule last year and maybe they could have saved Michael Johns. He's still my fave.

Posted by Eisley March 12, 09 07:20 AM
  1. No big surprise. Figured Jorge's performance made Anoop's look good and so it would save him but do not think Anoop will be along for the ride much longer.
    The new "save" format is a bit torturous for the bottom 2. Not only are they cast to the stage and told they are in the bottom but then they are paired up and then find out they really really really are the bottom and then have to sing ONE MORE TIME and dangle that small ray of hope before being told by the judges, just to confirm what America told them already that it is a "no" and they are going home. Why not just shoot them and put them out of their misery?
    Long range prediction for final 4; Danny, Adam, Alison and Lil.

Posted by A Dingo Ate My Baby March 12, 09 07:29 AM
  1. Not what I expected to commet on but . . .

I'll defend Joanna's four year old watching Idol. When my son was four he watched with us (we taped it and skipped commercials). He was way too young to understand the occasional "mean" comment and loved the singing. He's a few years older now and no longer watches.

Posted by FinnFann March 12, 09 07:32 AM
  1. I don't have a big problem with the new rule itself- it could have been used to save Michael Johns last year- I think he went when there were seven left. But the way they are executing it- seems a bit heartless/cruel- not sure I have the solution but it feels like the contestant is being eliminated twice on the same show. Ouch!

Seeing Kelly Clarkson last night, coupled with the recent Jessica Simpson hubbub made me wonder if we are moving toward a new acceptable curvier female image for pop stars?

But mostly last night I though- wow look at Paula's cleavage.

Posted by FinnFann March 12, 09 07:44 AM
  1. I guess my age is showing...Kanye West is considered one of hip hop's great artists? Based on last night's awful performance, I'd say, you've got to be kidding me. It sounded childish, self indulgent, and mostly unintelligible.

Jorge should still be there, and Megan should have gone last night. The American public-- if that's who decided things-- once again prove how dumb they can be.

I think it's rigged, though. They WANT Megan to succeed. It's so obvious. There were half a dozen much more deserving people that were cut weeks ago. How did someone so lacking in talent continue on? Obviously, her looks are a major factor. But, geez, you should be able to carry a tune on this show to sing in front of millions of people.

Posted by Matt Talvi March 12, 09 07:50 AM
  1. It was a matter of time before Jasmine and Jorge would have gone home...BUT before Michael, Megan AND Anoop? AND this whole new style of the results show is nauseating...make the bottom contestants sing AGAIN, ask the judges if they wish to save them and appearances by classLESS perfromers (re: Kanye...love me some Kelly Clarkson). I'm over it all...I think I'll devote my time to a show worth my while...like The bad girls club!!! lol =P

I'm bitter.

TDAWG!

Posted by TDAWG March 12, 09 07:55 AM
  1. Abe, the only thing more annoying than a born-again is a back seat parent. Keep it to yourself.

Posted by dbos March 12, 09 07:55 AM
  1. Joanna, I totally called the MJ Medley in yesterday's Idol chat! =)

Posted by PYT March 12, 09 07:57 AM
  1. It's been interesting to watch the choreography of the group songs with Scott in the mix. Last night a couple of singers took turns leading him by the hand when he had to move around on stage. I thought it was cool. Do you think they will put him behind the wheel in one of the Ford commercials? That would be too funny! I hope he lasts a while.

Posted by Gary March 12, 09 07:58 AM
  1. I think the singing is enjoyable for kids. I think understanding competition is good for them, too. People don't always win, even if they're likable. But the "My Life Would Suck Without You" song??? Maybe Paula wasn't dancing because she found it as appalling as some of us who remember when that just wasn't the way you spoke in mixed company, especially in front of children.

Posted by Janeybird March 12, 09 08:00 AM
  1. Lay off the parenting advice, people. There's another blog for that. How judgmental are you to assume that just because a kid watches a show like Idol that somehow they are not reading books? A four year old can enjoy the performances. My son watched the performance parts of "So You Think You Can Dance" when he was four and loved it.

I think the problem with the new "save" format is the double elimination. I think it would be better if they just "saved" it for when there was a real shocker and then whipped it out for effect.

Celtsowner -- I had the same question, actually. It seems like none of the people they mentioned would have been actually helped by the "save."

Posted by susan March 12, 09 08:00 AM
  1. Abe, you comment about other people's comments? Get a life.

Posted by stupidisasstupiddoes March 12, 09 08:05 AM
  1. What a country- where a talentless person like Kanye can make huge amounts of money "singing". If he were a contestant he wouldn't have made it past Hollywood week.
    Love Kelly - but I agree - her hair was a mess and I thought she needed some makeup too. Have always loved her singing. But I'm showing my age too - I hate that "suck" has become so common in usage. I still consider it vulgar. Of course since Brittney is now singing If You Seek Amy, I suppose "suck" is fairly tame.
    And all of my friends kids watch AI - its probably the only place where they can learn something about real competition anymore.

Posted by Misslily March 12, 09 08:13 AM
  1. I do not like the "save" feature because it should not be a 1 time thing and also we all know that no one is going to be saved until about 5 or 6 remain. They should have used 1 save per judge for the season. Also, on the 4 year old comments, I do not have children, but would think there are alot worse things for them to watch out there? I mean, what is the harm in watching people sing and enjoy music? Just because it is not sung by bert and ernie, doesn't make it wrong. Lastly, final 2 should be Adam and Danny.. winner ... Adam. Peace.

Posted by cp March 12, 09 08:14 AM
  1. I am not suprised about last nights elimination..I hope adam goes soon..

And why can't her four year old daughter watch idol? that's none of your concern.
    It's a singing competition, its family friendly and anything "inappropriate" she wouldn't understand it anyway.

Posted by idolisforeveryone March 12, 09 08:25 AM
  1. Megan's tattoos give me the creeps; makes her look like a wack-o.

Posted by plaintalk March 12, 09 08:43 AM
  1. celtsowner - you're right about Daughtry, but JHud was not top 5. Top 7 or 8 I think.

Matt Talvi - Just because I, and others, like Megan doesn't mean I'm dumb. It means we have different taste. I think she does have talent, I think she can sing. Yes she did horrible, but she has potential. She's like a lot of things on the radio today (Feist, Adele, etc.) that is current. I would love to hear her sing 1234.

Maybe it's been too far from the initial audition rounds, but I think people need to be reminded what people who actually can't sing sound like. All of these people have talent and can sing – usually there are one or two people or sneak into the finals who have major pitch problems every time they sing. I think this year, every one has pretty solid vocals and great potential, just some more than others.

Posted by Elly March 12, 09 08:44 AM
  1. Adam would kick butt as the lead singer of a Motley Crue or Poison cover band--that's it. His antics are very 80'2 big-hair-band, and it's grating. He doesn't sing, he shrieks.

Posted by cdawg March 12, 09 08:52 AM
  1. This new rule change means the voters won't be able to get rid of Adam! Clearly they will protect him and I still believe he will go before others - such as Danny and Allison.

Posted by Sean March 12, 09 08:55 AM
  1. I think the save should be used by the Judges if they interrupt to say they want to use it. Not be asked every time: Are you going to save this person?

4 year olds should be asleep long before Idol begins. If they cannot sleep due to the timechange, they should be lying in bed with a story and his/her nightime routine should be started earlier. Sleep is so important to children. They can enjoy music at another time of day.

Posted by Benjisgirl March 12, 09 08:59 AM
  1. I LOVE Megan and LOVE her voice. I can't help it she makes me smile.She has her own sound and it may not be for everyone but she is one of a kind

Posted by Matt March 12, 09 09:01 AM
  1. Kelly Clarkson sounded great, though her overall look was a tad Valerie Bertinelli....still got the pipes, new album is supposed to be great, and hey you can't stay a teen forever.

Did anyone else wish they'd brought back Ju'Not to do Kanye's bit? He is really overrated as a performer....he should stick to producing a la Timbaland.

As for Megan and Adam, god please save America from itself, HOW are these two hanging on? She's like a bad impersonation of Rickie Lee Jones and he sounds just like Janis Joplin to me....ludicrous.

My new pick -- Kris Allen! He busted out the John Mayer/Jason Mraz vibe, very appealing.

Posted by serafina March 12, 09 09:05 AM
  1. My friends' kids call us during the commercials to compare notes. It's a blast. It's a great kids show.

I love Jasmine. Sorry she left us. don't get Megan. at all.

And I think Jennifer Hudson was top 4. But I don't keep score very carefully.

Posted by AuntBeth March 12, 09 09:09 AM
  1. hate the new "save". it's just a new way for them to torture contestants.
    that poor girl Jasmine last night - Seacrest was just torturing her: "let's see if you're worthy enough for the save". Making them sing again is just cruel.

I'm not sure how I feel about them all living in that lavish mansion together either. Have they always done that? It just seems wrong for a 16 year old to be living in that situation. I guess another reason that I agree with Joanna that the minimum age should be 18.

Posted by akraz March 12, 09 09:15 AM
  1. Thank God I'm not the only one who thought Kanye sucked, as usual. 'How can you be so talentless?' Talentless..........how could you be so talentless......?

Posted by horrible March 12, 09 09:19 AM
  1. To Elly: I happen to LIKE Feist. Megan is no Feist. Far from it.

Sorry...compared to countless people who got cut the last few weeks, she doesn't measure up. It's absurd that she's still singing and, say, Ju'Not isn't.

Oh, and TDawg is right. This bringing the "loser" back to sing, only to get the axe TWICE in one show...how humiliating that must be for these poor kids!

Posted by Matt Talvi March 12, 09 09:22 AM
  1. Should be a minimum 18 year old age limit for contestants. Most 16 & 17 year olds are not prepared to withstand this type of competition, and it can prove damaging down the road....think about all of the childhood actors/phenoms, etc that have filled the rehab tanks. AI should demonstrate some responsibility for the welfare of children.

Posted by geoffu2 March 12, 09 09:25 AM
  1. I thought Kelly Clarkson was pregnant.

I've decided that Meghan will survive as long she continues to show off her ASSETS so to speak.

I'm telling you it's a weird year. The Judges screwed it up with Jasmine, Meghan, and Anoop. So we are stuck with about 8 very limited talent singers.

I'm going for Alison Iraheta. She's got the most raw talent although she has no shot at winning.

Posted by Ben Karkis March 12, 09 10:12 AM
  1. Hey Benjisgirl (#36)- so you are the parenting police- you're the person who gets to decide what right for all parents?

In our house I stay home with my child and my spouse works a bit of an off schedule- we typically don't get up in the morning until 8:30 or 9. My son goes to bed at 9:00pm and is gets his 10+ every night.

But even if that weren't the case it's none of your concern- my older daughter just happened to be one of those kids who functioned perfectly well on only about 8 hours a night.

The vast majority of parents out there are great parents who know what their children need and put those needs first. It may not be your choice but luckily it's not your choice.

Let me guess- you don't actually have any children.

Posted by FinnFann March 12, 09 10:13 AM
  1. Haven't seen anyone comment on it, but I kinda liked the Carrie Underwood, Home Sweet Home as the elimination song this year. Might have been more fun if they used the Crue version, but the song sounds good anyway

Posted by bigh March 12, 09 10:20 AM
  1. Megan,

It's very simple. Sex sells and people want to look at woman that are in shape. get over it. I like Kelly, but she looked terrible last night. Needs to loss so Lb's. There is a huge difference between being too thin and being fit. Being fat as just as many health related issues as being too thin. Do you know how many diseases are caused by being too fat...God for bid we workout. I know the PC liberals wants us to except fat women, but Ill take a pass. Thanks for playing

Posted by Ryan March 12, 09 10:20 AM
  1. I think they should have eliminated Kanye West. He was the worst performer.

Posted by Razorback22 March 12, 09 10:22 AM
  1. If only half of you showed the same enthusiam and interest in other relevant and current topics like the economy or the out of control CEO pay or the absurd policies of the previous administration or (I could go on and on...but I won't list American Idol), this country would be a much better place!

How many of you voted? See...

Back to work...couldn't resist.

Posted by Scorpio March 12, 09 10:30 AM
  1. Joanna, was it me or was there a monitor shown a couple of times with the lyrics to Kelly's song? It definitely showed the title of the track but I never saw it scroll through the lyrics.

Paula's top, or more accurately or non-top, was distracting. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I think they might be planning a wardrobe malfunction for Megan.

Anoop looks like he is next to go.

I'm pleased with how well they integrated Scott into the group song. The other idols helped him around the stage. It was a nice moment.

Posted by MG March 12, 09 11:05 AM
  1. Loved Kelly, including her hair, she looks like a real person. She reminds me of Linda Ronstadt in that classic 70s album cover for "Hasten Down the Wind", or Stevie Nicks 25 years ago, and every guy I knew thought both women hot and not at all heavy, at least not as they were back then.

I'm not so sure the judges would have saved Michael Johns. They hated his Aerosmith the week he was booted off, and they were ready to throw him under the bus to make way for the rapidly ascending and soon to be made-over David Cook. And once they "save" someone, won't they just be voted off the next week?

Posted by NHMusicLover March 12, 09 11:15 AM
  1. Top five contestants: Adam, Alison, Danny, Lil and Alex. They have the most talent, the best voices, and the most commanding stage presence.

The rest - competent but lacking in one (or more) of the above listed criteria.

And yes, I agree - Kelly has lost her "squeaky clean" persona - she looked tired and bloated last night. The industry has taken a toll.

Posted by Scotty Boston March 12, 09 11:31 AM
  1. The "save" rule does seem somewhat pointless since some of the people impacted in the past were voted out within the Top 5.

No surprise on Jorge. Thought Jasmine would last a little longer.

Kanye was not impressive and a strange song by Kelly.

Kind of weird hearing Carrie Underwood covering a Motley Crue song.

Posted by EdA March 12, 09 11:41 AM
  1. Abe, what a moronic comment to make!!!!

Posted by Disgusted March 12, 09 11:49 AM
  1. We'll just have to vote Adam off twice now. He's just horrible.

Posted by Tim D March 12, 09 12:07 PM
  1. My kids and I laugh and talk through the whole show. We talk about music and style and taste. Wait 'til your kids start to shut down the chit-chat as they become moody teens...You'll long for a night of laughter in front of a TV show that links kids and adults. Next week we break out the bong.

Posted by onehitter March 12, 09 12:19 PM
  1. I will admit that I don't get Kanye, not something that I listen to, and even then, I don't think he did it that well. I also thought Kelly looked a bit rough. Something looked different, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
    I'm glad that Anoop got another chance, though I liked Jorge and was sad to see him go so soon. I was really hoping to see Megan go. She just annoys me. Anoop better "bring it" next week or it will probably be his last.
    On the TV/Kids thing, my daughter is nine and has been watching with us on and off for several years. There isn't much we can watch together, and even watching sports has gotten tricky because of the viagra commercials (wish they'd go back to the "old days" when pharmecuticals couldn't be advertised!). Last year we had issues with commercials for scary movies a lot during Idol. I haven't noticed that as much this year, but will admit that we've delayed the start and used the DVR a bit, so maybe we're just zipping by them.

Posted by Wednesday AM QB March 12, 09 12:22 PM
  1. Adam can definitely sing. Have you heard his cover of Five for FIghting's I Just Love You?

Posted by chanceginny March 12, 09 12:46 PM
  1. Kelly Clarkson needs new song writers. Her single has no class. It's vulgar and sophomoric. While her voice remains stellar, she looks like a washed up biker chick. Somebody save the first Idol.

Posted by Neena March 12, 09 01:41 PM
  1. About Adam having prior experience. If he was allowed to compete by the rules then it is fair.

Posted by Mark March 12, 09 01:43 PM
  1. My 4 y/o watches Idol (I usually tape it so we can fast fwd thru the boring parts) So you think you can dance (same format) Dancing with the Stars and Americas best dance crew. Fast forward keeps it performance based for him. He is very into singing and dancing. Spent his time watching America's Best Dance Crew deciding which moves he all ready had taught himself, which he might teach himself and which he could never learn! LOL But it isn't exclusive of reading!!! Sheesh people. We read every night to all our kids and in fact, he is all ready beginning to read on his own.

Posted by Lee March 12, 09 01:44 PM
  1. It's a good thing Scott can't sing because he'd run the risk of being run off the stage by a threatened contestant during the medley.

Posted by Hookah March 12, 09 02:33 PM
  1. Scott is amazing, he is an inspiration to so many, i think he is a great singer and a beautiful piano player, i will keep voting for him.

Posted by Amy March 12, 09 03:02 PM
  1. Hey Scorpio (post #49), the channel I watch most of the time is MSNBC. I vote in every election. I know what's going on, and I'm sure a lot of others here on this board do, too.

Maybe YOU can't concentrate on more than one thing in a day, then project that on the rest of us. Most of us can juggle a couple of interests.

I'm guessing you're a Republican.

Posted by Matt Talvi March 12, 09 03:30 PM
  1. People arguing over American Idol on a Internet Chat Room ...The Dumbing Down of America is alive & well

Posted by Youre all F'd March 12, 09 03:59 PM
  1. LOL onehitter. Did anyone else notice that the lipsynching is getting out of control? When the Idols sang the MJ medley to start the show, they cut to various performers, some of whom (like Jorge) were mouthing entirely different lyrics. It was pretty hilarious.

Posted by Diana March 12, 09 04:51 PM
  1. I love Anoop, and my heart breaks for what is happening with him on Idol. If you are a fan or on the fence about Anoop please visit the AI forum / Idolforum to learn more about Anoop (or search him on the utube "clefhangers Anoop" for performances). On the forums you can read about Anoop, and the manipulation currently happening around Anoop by producers for ratings. As far as the 'manipulation' peice, please know that I hate sore loosers, and wouldn’t use a word like “manipulation” lightly. Its only after hours of reading articles from die hard AI critics/analysts, past contestants, and others that I come to this very conclusion with a clear conscience.

Posted by fan March 14, 09 02:41 AM
  1. it is a stupid show
    it belittles MUSIC

Posted by gardenia March 20, 09 12:03 PM

About Viewer Discretion

What we're watching on TV.

Katie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.

Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.

Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.