Ratings for ABC's "Modern Family" continues to grow in Boston. Last week, the comedy starring Ed O'Neil and Sofia Vergara (pictured above) drew its largest audience in the Hub, ranking third for the week with 467,000 viewers. "American Idol" was the only show to perform better locally. Cable regional sports channel NESN is also batting some good audience figures, ranking sixth with 383,000 viewers for an April 12th game. Not listed below but of note: NBC's most watched show in Boston was "Celebrity Apprentice" which ranked #25 with 205,000 viewers.
Here's a look at the most watched programs in Boston for the week of April 11-17.
1. WFXT:FOX American Idol (Wed.) 589,000 total viewers
2. WFXT:FOX American Idol (Thurs.) 527,000
3. WCVB:ABC Modern Family 467,000
4. WCVB:ABC Dancing with the Stars 458,000
5. WCVB:ABC Dancing with the Stars (results) 398,000
6. NESN Major League Baseball 383,000
6. WBZ:CBS NCIS 382,000
8. NESN Bruins playoffs 365,000
9. NESN Bruins playoffs 349,000
10. WBZ:CBS NCIS: LA 330,000
source: The Nielsen Co.
compiled by Johnny Diaz, Globe Staff
About Viewer Discretion
ContributorsKatie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.
Meghan Colloton is a Things to Do and Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Michael Brodeur is the assistant arts editor for the Boston Globe, covering pop music, TV, and nightlife.