Needham native Aly Raisman dedicated her samba Monday to the people of Boston who may have been affected by the explosions at the Boston Marathon that afternoon. She and partner Mark Ballas earned 25 points for their performance, and came in fourth in points awarded by the judges.
In first place were Disney starlet Zendaya Coleman and partner Val Chmerkovskiy (29 points), who earned the first 10's of the season for their Argentine tango. Country singer Kellie Pickler and partner Derek Hough came in second with 27 points, earning a trio of 9's for a highly-praised foxtrot. NFL player Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff rounded out the top three with a 26-point jive.
Full list of how the stars placed:
1. "Shake It Up" actress Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy (Argentine tango), 29 points
2. Country singer Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough (foxtrot), 27 points
3. NFL player Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff (jive), 26 points
4. Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas (samba), 26 points
5. 'Bachelor' Sean Lowe & Peta Murgatroyd (quickstep), 24 points
6. 'General Hospital' actor Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson (cha-cha), 21 points
6. Boxer Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold (Viennese waltz), 21 points
8. Comedian D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke (tango), 18 points
8. Comedian Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess (paso doble), 18 points
Tune in tonight at 9 p.m. for the live results show to see who is going through, and which couple will be going home.
About Viewer Discretion
ContributorsKatie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.
Meghan Colloton is a Things to Do and Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Michael Brodeur is the assistant arts editor for the Boston Globe, covering pop music, TV, and nightlife.