Before reading this article in the Globe today, I had never heard of steampunk, "a pop culture genre and an artistic movement" in which "fans reimagine the Industrial Revolution mashed-up with modern technologies."
My top five finds:
5) For anyone still confused about what steampunk is, exactly, this video should help:
4) In this video, Make magazine follows around Jake Von Slatt as he shows off his steampunk crafts, like a Victorian-inspired computer monitor and keyboard:
3) A comprehensive look at steampunk fashion:
2) Here's a pretty cool animated story, steampunk style:
1) And, last but not least, this is a steampunk toilet, complete with a laser pointing mechanism: