Thursday, January 4, 2007
A memorial service is scheduled for tomorrow in Sudbury for 26-year-old Thomas P. Lueders.
Lueders, who lived in Washington D.C. but whose hometown was Sudbury, died Dec. 27 in a Key West, Fla. hotel from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Lueders and his father, Richard, were found unconscious in their rooms at the Doubletree Grand Key Resort, the Miami Herald reports. Richard Lueders recovered.
The hotel, which has been closed since Dec. 27, has been sued by an Iowa family that was sickened by the fumes a few days earlier. The lawsuit alleges negligence on the part of the hotel.
Thomas Lueders' mother, Beth Thomas, said her son's funeral would take precedence over any legal action.
"We have to get through the next couple of days to do what is proper for Tom," she said.
The service will begin at 11 a.m. at Sudbury United Methodist Church, 251 Old Sudbury Road.
-- Adam Sell