Friday, January 19, 2007
Shocked students at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High said this morning they were told that there had been a stabbing and that a student had died. They were ushered to classrooms or to the school gym, where teachers told them that they were “safe” and would be released for the day.
None of several students interviewed after they were dismissed at about 10:15 a.m. said they knew who the victim was or the identity of the alleged stabber. Several students said they were told by school officials not to talk to the news media.
“There is just a lot of confusion right now,” said one sophomore, who said he saw the victim's body being taken out of the school on a stretcher but declined to give his name for publication. “People had a lot of different reactions, they didn’t know whether to laugh or cry or how to feel.”
The Middlesex County District Attorney's office was scheduled to have a press conference at the school before noon.
For updates on this story, check The Boston Globe's Local News Updates section on boston.com.
-- Ralph Ranalli