Highlighting the top performances from Thursday night's area state tourney action:
* Senior forward Denise Beliveau poured in 19 of her game-high 31 points in the second half to power the Framingham girls' basketball team to a 65-47 Division 1 South first-round win over host Sandwich.
* George Jordan (25) and Chris Pinsonault (23) teamed up for 48 points as the Marlborough boys' basketball team topped Wachusett 73-62 in a Division 1 Central first-round game.
* Freshman Nick Susi netted a pair of goals to lead the Framingham boys' hockey team to a 5-1 win host Durfee in a Division 1 South first-round game in Bourne. The victory was the 100th of the career for Flyer coach Paul Spear.
* Junior Joey Richman (24) and senior Jeff Altimar (23) combined for 47 points to propel the Medfield boys' basketball team to a 55-47 win over visiting Dedham in a Division 3 South first-round game.
* Senior Tyler Washington (22 points, 14 rebounds) was dominant in the paint as the host Milford boys' basketball team topped Doherty 59-45 in a Division 1 Central first-round game.
WHAT'S ON TAP:
* The St. Mark's boys' basketball team squares off against Independent School League rival Buckingham, Browne & Nichols in a New England Prep Class semifinal at the Rivers School at 4:30. St. Mark's (22-7) has won 17 of its last 18 games after a 6-6 start. BB&N won the regular-season matchup, 69-53, on. Dec. 6.
* The unbeaten Westborough girls' basketball team (20-0), the top seed in the Division 1 Central bracket, kicks off the tournament against visiting Leominster (12-8) at 7.
* The Hopkinton boys' basketball team (16-5) travels to Wareham to take on the top seed in the Division 3 South sectional, a 21-0 squad.
-- Craig Larson
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.