Highlighting the top performances from Tuesday night's area state tournament action:
* Denise Beliveau, Framingham: UNH-bound senior forward continued her stellar play, registering 34 points, 10 rebounds and nine steals in the Flyers' 58-47 win over New Bedford in a Division 1 South semifinal at Stonehill.
* Colleen Hart and Cerie Mosgrove, Needham: Highly-touted seniors team up for 32 points as unbeaten Rockets (21-0) dropped Brockton in Division 1 South semifinals, avenging a last-second loss to the Boxers a year ago.
* Carolyn Swords, Lincoln-Sudbury: BC-bound senior center collected 16 points and 14 rebounds as the Warriors rallied to knock out Masconomet 49-46 in the Division 2 North semifinals in Lowell.
* Jeff Altimar, Medfield: Senior guard poured in 22 of his 24 points in the second half as the Big Blue rallied for a 67-58 win over previously unbeaten Wareham in a Division 3 South semifinal in Taunton.
* Anthony Coppola, Watertown: Senior sharpshooter pumped in 30 points to power the trop-seeded Red Raiders to a 63-58 win over Bishop Fenwick in the Division 3 North semifinals.
* Justin Gauvin, Waltham: Senior netted the game-winner on a short-handed bid with 5:30 left to lift Waltham boys' hockey to the Division 1 North semifinal victory over Winchester.
WHAT'S ON TAP:
* Three local wrestling squads hit the mats for state semifinal dual meet matches tonight: Framingham at Lowell in Division 1 and Natick (at Greater Lawrence, 6 p.m.) and Franklin (at North Attleboro) in Division 2.
* On the court, the Hopkinton girls' basketball team takes on Mansfield in a Division 2 South semifinal at Stonehill (7:30 p.m.)
* On the ice, the Marlborough hockey team squares off against Auburn in a Division 3 Central semifinal at New England Sports Center (8 p.m.).
-- Craig Larson
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.