Westborough High's field hockey team gets pumped up for a game.
(Globe staff photo by Bill Polo)
More than 60 percent of Westborough High School students have consumed alcohol, at least 26 percent have used marijuana or smoked cigarettes, 22 percent have had sexual intercourse, and nearly 10 percent have dabbled in a variety of illegal drugs including ecstasy, heroin and cocaine, according to a just released survey.
A total of 987 students -- more than 91 percent of the student body -- participated in the anonymous and voluntary Adolescent Health Survey conducted last year by the MetroWest Community Health Care Foundation.
Among the survey's other findings:
* 23 percent of students had rode in a car recently with someone who had been drinking;
* 13 percent recently drove themselves after consuming alcohol;
* 25 percent felt very stressed over the previous 30 days;
* 22 percent had been in a physical fight over the course of the year;
* 26 percent had been bullied over the course of the year, and;
* Among those who were sexually active, 73 percent used condoms.
-- Jennifer Rosinski
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.