< Back to Front Page Text size +

Send us your memories of Taylor Meyer

Posted by David Dahl, Regional Editor October 23, 2008 09:12 AM

Services for Taylor Meyer, the Plainville teen found dead after leaving a post-game party, will be held this weekend.

Students have been told of Meyer's funeral arrangements and are encouraged to be accompanied by an adult if they attend, the Globe reported Thursday.

Calling hours are from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the Sperry & McHoul Funeral Home on Grove Street in North Attleborough. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Church in North Attleborough. The Meyer family has requested that students who attend wear pink in memory of the teenager.

1. May God be with the Meyer family and all who have been touched by this tragedy. I am the parent of three teenagers and often worry about the dangers teens face.
    This is every parent's worst nightmare, and possibiity.
    The best we can do is give our kids a strong base of values, let them know we love them unconditionally, that we trust them and their judgement and that they can come to parents always. The focus should be on this lovely child's life and not her untimely death. My prayers and the prayers of my kids are with all.

Posted by safarrell05 October 23, 08 11:48 AM
  1. its a horrible thing that happened. though she was with alot of other kids her age, they should have been looking out for one another if they in fact were all drinking. its a terrible loss and i too feel for the family.

Posted by tilly October 23, 08 03:28 PM
  1. My heart and prayers are with you. This is the worst nightmare, for sure. For her mom, you grew up across the street from my home many years ago, and I can only offer you my thoughts and prayers for your daughter's untimely death. I'm so sorry.

Posted by Karen October 23, 08 03:51 PM
  1. I COULD UNDER STAND WHY GOD WOULD HAVE WANTED YOU CLOSE TO HIM....BECAUSE YOU TRULY WERE AN ANGLE ON EARTH

Posted by Candy October 23, 08 05:52 PM
  1. Please know that your daughter's untimely death will not be in vain. I am using your story as a tool to educate my teens on the dangers of underage drinking. Many do it, just as my husband and I did when we were their age. NEVER EVER thinking that something so terrible could happen. This needs to be a huge wake up call to teens everywhere, bad things CAN happen to GOOD kid's. God Bless you and keep you through this most difficult time.

Posted by Montana Mom October 23, 08 06:17 PM
  1. We just purched our first home in Norfolk, just down the street from this accident. It will forever be in our minds and our memories. Our prayers go out to the family of Taylor and her friends. May God be with all of you.

Posted by Terry and Peter October 24, 08 09:40 AM
  1. My heart goes out to Taylor's family and to ther students at King Philip High School who loved Taylor. My daughter graduated from King philip last year and knew her as well. This is a terrible tradegy but God works in mysterious ways. Please take comfort in the fact that she is with God in heaven, where there is no pain or unhappiness. I cannot even start to imagine how the family is feeling, but God bless you during this terrible time. She will live on in your heart and your memories of her. God Bless

Posted by mom of a plainville teen October 26, 08 08:08 AM
  1. may god be with you all

Posted by lindsey October 27, 08 01:33 PM
  1. Taylor was a very special girl. She will fly with the angels!!!! Her laughter and her smile will live on forever. I will never forget the short time my family shared her life., We all were so lucky to have had that chance. Taylor will always be in our hearts and in our memories. Our thoughts and prayers are with Cliff, Kathi, Zack and Logen . God Bless

Posted by Karen October 27, 08 11:36 PM
Required (will not be published)

This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.

About globe west updates Welcome to Globe West Updates, the news blog of the Globe West regional section of The Boston Globe. Check in with us often to see updated items about Boston's western suburbs from our staff reporters and correspondents. Give us your reaction to our stories in the print editions or on the blog by using the form below. Get involved with Globe West!