1. Temporary arrangement subject to change depending on the property owner.
2. Rent can always be raised.
3. What you see is what you get. You can’t flex your inner decorator, tear down a wall, or add a skylight.
4. You are not building equity.
1. One responsibility every month: write your rent check.
2. Fewer headaches. You don’t have to worry about calling a plumber or shoveling out.
3. You can sign a long-term lease for security.
4. You have no ties to the space. Leave when you want, depending on the terms of the lease.