The City of Boston's Department of New Urban Mechanics through the Office of Business Development is looking for a software solution to showcase purchases made at neighborhood stores in real-time, as well as display this information in public platforms in order to impact local businesses in a measurable/data driven way.
The City is seeking startups willing to form a long-term partnership to develop a solution in large scale.
The benefits of a partnership with the City of Boston include, and are not limited to:
1. Access to and facilitation in further customization of physical infrastructure such as bus stops or kiosks to support the offering
2. Investment by the City, if needed, into supporting hardware necessary for deployment
3. Access to over 3,000 small businesses in Boston
4. Marketing support coordinated with Boston Main Streets
5. Announcement of the partnership by City officials
Call for applicants began on May 15 and ends on June 21. There will be two information conference calls at 12:30pm on Tuesday, May 28 and Tuesday, June 4.
Semi-finalists will be announced on June 28
Finalists on the week of July 12
Final Partner selection will be on July 26
For more information please click here
The author is solely responsible for the content.
Meet Boston's coolest, smartest and most dynamic founders in our REEL Innovators video series!