MASSACHUSETTS’ BIGGEST KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGNS
Kickstarter is a website pulsing with great ideas and people willing to back them with their money in exchange for a piece of the pie (like a T-shirt, postcard, or the product itself). More than 2.5 million people pledged about $350 million on the website to fund more than 30,000 creative projects since April 2009. A lot of those innovations have come from Massachusetts, though not all have been as successful as others.
Although many would base success on the number of dollars raised in a campaign, we realize that many projects ask for a lot more money than others. So we have based this list on the number of backers, or people who supported the project, then looked at where they are now, whether they are still perfecting the design, trying to create enough products to send out, or working on another great idea. Have we missed any awesome projects? Which is your favorite? Please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Parallella: A supercomputer for everyone
- Twine: Listen to your world, talk to the Internet
- Equiso Smart TV - Make your dumb TV smart.
- Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack
- Sprout: a pencil with a seed
- Form 1: An affordable, professional 3D printer
- Pocket Monkey: The Wallet Utility Tool
- Geode iPhone Appcessory
- The Pen Project
- Public Lab DIY Spectrometry Kit
- Stompy: The giant, rideable walking robot
- 1Q: Natural sound for your mobile life
- Theft-Resistant Bike Light by Gotham Bicycle Defense
- Lockpicks by Open Locksport
- The Kick - a pocket sized lighting studio
- Forsake: All-Weather Kicks