This is a summary. To read the whole story subscribe to BostonGlobe.com
A spokesman for Quincy’s mayor said talks to restart the stalled $1.6 billion renovation of Quincy Center would begin Monday, after a contract with the project’s developer officially expired Friday. Spokesman Christopher Walker said Mayor Thomas Koch’s previous notice that the developer, Street-Works Development LLC, was in default of its contract, required a 30-day waiting period, which has now ended.
Walker did not say what options for getting work underway were available to the mayor. Koch has previously said it has not been determined whether Street-Works will still be involved in the massive project, which is considered vital to the revitalization of downtown Quincy. Street-Works could not be reached for comment.