A cheat sheet on tipping dos and don'ts
When you're on a trip, how much you tip can be a quandary. Here, Patricia Rossi, a business etiquette expert at PatriciaRossi.com, sorts it out.
- Cruise employees: Tipping policies vary between cruise lines, "but each one tells you when you board what is appropriate," Rossi said.
- Airport curbside check-in: $1 to $2 per bag.
- Taxis: 15 percent of the fare.
- Airport shuttle bus drivers: $2 to $3.
- Limousine drivers: 10 percent to 20 percent of the bill.
- Roadside services for a rental car: No tipping required.
- Farley added: "Roadside service is situational, like if someone changes your tire in subzero temps, you should tip them."