Top 10 work-at-home jobs and careers
When considering any at-home job, put up the scam-detection radar. Durst suggests watching for these positive indicators of "real" employment:
• The hirer is an established company.
• The ad includes the company name and does not have applicants reply to a blind e-mail address.
• Human resources personnel are available for questions.
• There is mention of information commonly associated with "real" employment (benefits, vacations, policies, etc.).
• There is an application and interview process, not simply an e-mailed offer.
• The employer can detail the job duties and expectations.
•References/work samples are requested.
Discuss: Tips for finding a work-at-home job