SEATTLE — The CEO of electric car company Tesla says a battery in a Model S that caught fire this week was apparently impaled by a metal object.
Elon Musk gave more detail in a blog post Friday about the fire that became an Internet sensation and unsettled Tesla investors. He also defended the car’s battery technology.
Musk wrote in a blog post Friday that fires are more common in conventional gas-powered vehicles.
‘‘For consumers concerned about fire risk, there should be absolutely zero doubt that it is safer to power a car with a battery than a large tank of highly flammable liquid,’’ Musk wrote. Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers.