1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

11/22/63

I just started Stephen King's 11/22/63 and I am hooked already.  I have read 129 pages so far. I was born in the 1950's so find his facts facinating.  Prices, cars etc.  I read he did a lot of research for this book about the Kennedy assassination.  This is different from what he normally writes, so looking forward to the trip!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: 11/22/63

Winter,

I am confused on one thing.  I know he is going to save that family but is he staying there until he tries to stop JKF's assassination?  Because if he leaves and comes back, everything goes back to the beginning right and the family is back to not being saved right?  This is very different from his normal writing and I am enjoying it so much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, I don't think he's going to stay there just yet.  He wants to test out the theory that history can change for himself.  Yes, if/when he leaves it goes back to the way it was before.  I'm liking it very much as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Makes sense.  Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

Hi Amber & Winter,
    I post from time to time on the CC board.  I think I mentioned liking this book.  You are both right.  He is testing the theory and if he goes back he will have to re-save the family and then stay for the Kennedy assasination.  It is very different from King's other books.  As I said, I enjoyed it very much.
    I just loaded Under the Dome to my kindle.  I'm not sure when I will get to it but it's there waiting for me.  
    I am interested to find out what you think when you finish 11/22/63.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldjcole. Show pauldjcole's posts

I have been reading this and find it very interesting. It is a little different then King's usual work but just as good. He has always been one of my favorite authors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree, it is very different than his usual writings, but so good.  I read Under the Dome and loved it.  I have been a fan for many years.  Some of his books can drag a bit, but I did not find that with this one or Under the Dome.  I would love to hear your thoughts Keane when you are finished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I just can't put this book down, it is so good.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter,

Where are you at in the book?  Not sure if I am still ahead of you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, today I am on Chapter 17 1 - I am in Jodie, TX. Where are you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are ahead of me now :)  I am in Jodie TX too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, the name Ivy Templeton is familiar.  Do you know who she is in the book? I want to say she was in the beginning?? Getting really good now.  I have to pay attention to the names.  Glad you are on here! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, Al the cook's last name was Templeton. I'm starting Chapter 22, April of 1963.

Ivy is also the name of someone George meets in the 60's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I knew it was familiar!!  Wonder if that was his mother or some sort of relative.  I'm on Chapter 14.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No mention of her being related at this point.  I think it's more of things that are similar.  What is going on in your Chapter?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

He is going with Sadie to the dance.  Facinating about the yellow/orange/black man saying Jimla and the football player.  Just gets better and better : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The Sadie Hawkins dance? Yes that was creepy too with the Jimla. It does get better and better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes, the Sadie Hawkins dance.  I read last night and on the bus and train this morning.  I am back on track!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh wait until you read more. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow.. Sadie's husband was a freak!  I just read Vince died : (  Will have to wait and read more on my way home. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes he's a freak and it was sad about Vince. :( I will read more when I pick my son up and drop him off.  I usually have 15 mintues left so I'll read.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, where are you in the book.  I'm on Chapter 27 section 3.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter I am on Part 4, Chapter 19.  I am sure you are way ahead of me.  This book does not disappoint at all.  Still loving it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm on the last section...WOW is all I will tell you.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Something to look forward too!  I am so in love with this book, I almost don't want it to end!