Did any of you hear about the memoir of a woman who read a book a *DAY* for a year?   The book is titled, "Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading", written by Nina Sankovich.  

http://www.amazon.com/Tolstoy-Purple-Chair-Magical-Reading/dp/0061999849/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top 

I didn't read the book; I heard the author interviewed and was (yeah) blown away by the concept of reading a book a day for a year.   Are you?  :)

There's more to it than that, though.  The author's sister passed away, and as part of her grieving process, in the year that followed her sister's death, she used literature to nourish herself (and her soul) and apparently, the process took on a life of its own.  

What can I say?  I get bogged down by details at times, and I can't say I aspire to a book a day, but I'm going to consider challenging myself to make more time to read, especially at this time of year, with winter settling in.   I don't get into NY resolutions, but I have to admit that this concept has given me pause for thought and I'm going to make a few changes to my reading patterns.   Seems most resolutions are based on fitness (I already have that nailed, it's integrated into my life) so why not be resolute about feeding / nourishing your mind?   Don't get me wrong, I (love to) read and read a fair amount ... but I think I could read more, you know, and maybe you feel the same.   

How about you?  What do  you think?  Are you already reading your book pile back to back, have a few going at the same time ... ?  Interested in making reading a higher priority, or do you already have it nailed?  

Your thoughts are welcome.   OH.  Happy New Year, too.  :)