1. You have chosen to ignore posts from melody135. Show melody135's posts

electronic or physical book?

I am opted for electronic book. I don't know why ppl still carry physical book. It is so 90s

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: electronic or physical book?

Do you have a Nook?  I've been thinking about getting one,  but I only read about 2-4 books per month.  Do you have to go to the library to download books?   Can you download from your PC?
    Just wondering if it is worth it, hidden charges/expenses?

Please share,  Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm all about my Kindle. Love the fact that I can take as many books as I'd like around with me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am probably going to be in the minority here..but I have no interest in any of the e-readers. I am a very avid reader and  I would take the original over what I see as just another computer screen any day of the week.

I can pick up books at yard sales for a quarter and I like the idea of reading wherever I happen to be..even if not near a power source. I can trade books with my friends and  one book can be shared by many.
    One of my favorite places to read is the beach I never have to worry if I get some sand on my paperback..or if it gets a little wet. I spend enough of my day using technology. I would never choose it for reading.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

THe thing about the Kindle is the screen is much better to read then a regular computer screen. And you can read it in direct sun light. I never thought I'd like it either as I too am an avid reader.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from melody135. Show melody135's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Do you have a Nook?  I've been thinking about getting one,  but I only read about 2-4 books per month.  Do you have to go to the library to download books?   Can you download from your PC?

Please share,  Thanks.

I have a Kindle. It is pretty cheap and intuitive. I am carrying it whereever I go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks,  I'll go to Radio Shack and check them out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I just downloaded a book (free from my public library) with Adobe Digital Editions to read on my PC,  tried with Kindle/Amazon and ended up going around and around,  and I felt like they kept trying to sell me stuff.   I figure this is a good way to see if I like digital reading.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I still prefer paperbacks but I'm used to those. I'm also in a club with has paperbacks so it's much easier for me to access books in that fashion than ebooks.
     That's on a personal level, though. On a business level, I can see the writing on the wall for paperbacks. Ebooks are going to be the new norm in time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree,  I noticed at the library that a lot of the new releases are only available only in e-book.

But, if you're new to this stuff,  I highly recommend downloading Adobe Digital Editions through your public library,  try reading a book online on your pc.

So, far I like it,  read a book in 2 days,  for me that's good.
    Oh, and it's free!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to:    "Ooh, Radio Shack bad!" Quote

They are nice to women and take the time to explain things!  You know what you're doing so you don't need that.    They don't blow you off when you call them for additional instruction either.

The big box stores don't help you at all.   Sometimes you don't mind paying more if you're going to be treated well.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have the Nook Tablet and do like it and am an avid reader as well.

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to my laptop and download from the library all the time.  I have a wish list going and request when I need a book.  Sometimes you are on waiting list and sometimes can download right away.  There are no ads.  I also download Nook free books which are not always good but there to have a back up.  I also purchase some books.  Like that you can change font and color.  You can also read in the sun just have to tun brightness up.  Still read a physical books as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

If you just want to download stuff from the library, wouldn't something like this be okay?

Model: CD706A | Catalog #: 55048359

Sungale CD706A 7" High-Definition eReader
    Price:
    $79.99

Join the eReader world with Sungale's CD706A 7" High-Definition eReader.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I know, but all people have to do is copy and paste the link to their browser.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HasanAbdul. Show HasanAbdul's posts

I buy electronic books nowadays because of the  pressure on space in my residence.  Somehow, electronic books are easier to read.  I guess it is because I don't have to turn pages.  I miss the paperbacks I used to earn however.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I love real books. I hate reading off of an electronic screen.

I am only using a PC right now because rightwing insurgents from Central America are holding me hostage and forcing me to do it.

The beauty of a paperback is that it can go almost anywhere ( not underwater, for obvious reasons....well, it can go there, but the reading part is difficult), I hate relying on a power source to do something as elementary as reading. I tend to do most of my reading in daylight hours.

I am somewhat like Mr. Cogley in the old Star Trek episode where he defends Captain Kirk against the evidence presented by a computer. A man from the 23rd century ( fictional of course) but still has a love for real books. I love this character and thos was one of my favorite episodes. By the way, Cogley wins by proving the computer was tampered with. The lesson we learned was that computers are only as good as the information that humans write into the software.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SubmitSite. Show SubmitSite's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Please share,  Thanks.

yes, ur suggession is nice. per month some time i download books in online book store. just free. no charges. and some time i store books in online file management

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

I LOVE THE "FRAGRANCE" OF BOOK'S,  ( REAL BOOKS, THE PAPER KIND), THE TACTILE TURNING OF THE PAGE ON A COLD WINTERS NIGHT, SIPPING WINE BY THE FIRE.....,READING.... A REALLY GREAT BOOK.......

THIS PERHAPS IS ONE OF THE GREAT JOYS OF LIFE...RANKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH SEX.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I love my Kindle, but I will never transition to *only* e-books. I developed my love of reading - which fostered other things like curiosity, imagination, creativity - from being faced with a wall of books every day in my house growing up; my mother's books and my books mixed together for me to choose from. I loved looking at the covers, grabbing random books of my mom's off the shelf to peruse... I really want my kids to have that same experience. It's a way to be quietly influential over your children's lives without forcing them into anything.

Sections
Shortcuts