1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

Is it plagiarism when...............

Someone posts writing content on a website under a heading similar to something else?

One poem posted on a website under the heading : " dark poem "

I posted a lot of content ( years ago ) on the very same website under two headings :    " dark poetry "     and    " dark passage "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from venusfalls3. Show venusfalls3's posts

Re: Is it plagiarism when...............

Doesn't sound like it to me. For one, I think titles are exempt from plagiarism rules (there's The Road by Jack London and The Road by Cormac McCarthy for example). And two, "Dark Poem" is not the same as "Dark Poetry" or "Dark Passage." Plagiarism would be if the poem that person wrote used the same phrasings as your original. And then you'd have to prove that they stole it from you as opposed to just being a coincedence. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

I figured as much but wasn't sure.
    It just doesn't seem kosher to use a phrase already used before by someone else to post writing content.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Is it plagiarism when...............:
    I figured as much but wasn't sure. It just doesn't seem kosher to use a phrase already used before by someone else to post writing content.
    Posted by WriterXT

xxtto, is that you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I figured as much but wasn't sure. It just doesn't seem kosher to use a phrase already used before by someone else to post writing content.
    Posted by WriterXT

The only way to make 100% sure that one is not using the same phrase is to google every word, every phrase, and spend years looking through the two million results. Then hitting every library and bookstore and homes of people that aren't connected to the internet and make sure they haven't used it.  If you finally spend all that time and effort and find that the word or phrase has never before been used, congrats - you have "original content". 

As any writer will tell you, there are only eight plots in the world, and there's no such thing as an original idea (there are original ways to look at old ideas, however).

Plagiarism results when someone, for example, takes the works of Robert Frost, reposts it without changing a single word except for: By My Name Here. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

In Response to Re: Is it plagiarism when............... : The only way to make 100% sure that one is not using the same phrase is to google every word, every phrase, and spend years looking through the two million results. Then hitting every library and bookstore and homes of people that aren't connected to the internet and make sure they haven't used it.  If you finally spend all that time and effort and find that the word or phrase has never before been used, congrats - you have "original content".  As any writer will tell you, there are only eight plots in the world, and there's no such thing as an original idea (there are original ways to look at old ideas, however). Plagiarism results when someone, for example, takes the works of Robert Frost, reposts it without changing a single word except for: By My Name Here. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Kurt Vonnegut agrees with you, Yoshimi....he even illustrates it on the x and y axis!  check it out....
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/05/26/136578241/kurt-vonnegut-turns-cinderella-into-an-equation?sc=fb&cc=fp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

There may be only 8 plots in the world but there are 7 deadly sins, 6 seals; 8 days it took for God to create the world; one messiah and a thousand years his reign on earth will last.

That's plenty of original storylines one could create from that. 
    .................if one were so inclined. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Is it plagiarism when............... : Kurt Vonnegut agrees with you, Yoshimi....he even illustrates it on the x and y axis!  check it out.... http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/05/26/136578241/kurt-vonnegut-turns-cinderella-into-an-equation?sc=fb&cc=fp
    Posted by chazz508

LOL!  Very good! I enjoyed that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

There may be only 8 plots in the world but there are 7 deadly sins, 6 seals; 8 days it took for God to create the world; one messiah and a thousand years his reign on earth will last. That's plenty of original storylines one could create from that.  .................if one were so inclined.   
    Posted by WriterXT

Oh absolutely! Always a new way to tell an old story - look at the book Wicked - Wizard of Oz from a different viewpoint. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

It's very hard to copyright a title, unless the title is so unique that perhaps no-one else would have created it but the person who did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

I figure my title had to be original in two senses.
    #1 poetry mainly denotes only a positive connotation to writing
    #2 most people who are negative wouldn't ( likely ) bother writing anything called " poetry "  

Short story yes,  novel yes,  autobiography yes,  but poetry? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Really? I'd say much poetry is dark, and often violent. And comes out of the minds of those who'd prefer not to be here on earth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

In literature there's far more poetry writing devoted to love, life, family and environment before hate, anger, fear, loathing, disgust, contempt, jealousy and every other negative feeling a person can experience.

You notice the positive is about knowing you're surrounded by the things in life that matter.  While the negative is more about the self. What is it that psychiatrists often say -  isolation fosters depression.  

John Milton ( 1608-1674 ) wrote Paradise Lost only after he was banished from England.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Plagarism is when you steal someone elses work and claim it as your own. For example, 1988 Joe Biden campaign speech. When Biden blatantly plagarized a Neil Kinnock speech, nearly word for word. A despicable act which forced him to end his campaign.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from melody135. Show melody135's posts

i don't think so

Sections
Shortcuts