1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carpin. Show carpin's posts

Sony, Nook or Kindle

Hi,

I'm planning to buy an e-reader because I'm running out of space in my shelf, which do you recommend? I read about one book a week so it's a lot of space I have to save. Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eng7. Show Eng7's posts

Re: Sony, Nook or Kindle

Well, my daughters gave me a kindle for Xmas and I love it. I read 2 - 3 books a week and the kindle has saved me tons of space and gas.
    There are many classics that are free, or very cheap, and I love the freedom of wanting to read a book and having it 1 minute later.
    I do wait to buy a new book until I have time to read it but there are no longer piles of books all over my house.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kos71. Show kos71's posts

I have the Nook & love it. It has a slot for micro sd card, if you need more then 2gb of memory. Its great to be able to get a book when ever I want, & no charge for using the 3g to down load books. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --jess--. Show --jess--'s posts

I have the sony and love it.  It doesn't have wireless internet which might be a problem for some.  But I always have 2-3 unread books on there so i never run out.

The touch screen is great and the screen size is fantastic.  And it doesn't have the keyboard at the bottom which I didn't like in some of the other readers.  Also the battery life is wonderful, you can leave it on for 10 days on one charge and if you actually turn it all of the way off (the on/off switch is un-intuitive) it stays charged for a very very long time.

It is compatible with tons of formats so you can buy books from lots of different places, borrow them from the library, and download the free ones (including ones from googlebooks).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Sony, Nook or Kindle:
    I have the Nook & love it. It has a slot for micro sd card, if you need more then 2gb of memory. Its great to be able to get a book when ever I want, & no charge for using the 3g to down load books. 
    Posted by kos71

I also have the Nook and love it! Charge is @3 hours for full and lasts @2 weeks. I also love being able to go into B&N on Sunday morning and reading ebooks for free while drinking my coffee! Base memory holds @1500 books and I added an 8GB memory card so @7500 books total.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marqthompson. Show marqthompson's posts

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
    --------
    mark gibs
    used hilux

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rahul66. Show rahul66's posts

hi i m searching this type of idea which  is suitable for me . now i get it . and i wanted this type of think  which i get .
    gold 14k

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marqthompson. Show marqthompson's posts

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
    ----------
    marqthompson
    Loans for Cars

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I was given a Nook and am getting used to it.

I'm not very impressed.  They should have used a touch screen.  They should have made it easier to use the internet. 

I have a Droid Smart phone and the Drone can do so much more than the Nook.  I was waiting for the Drone competitor to the IPad. 

Compared to the Drone, the Nook is clunky to use.  I keep trying to tap things on the screen or use the screen to turn the pages.  I have to remember that it's just a reader.

I expect it to go the way of the Word Processor and be replaced by the IPad type devices.  With a Drone/IPad, you'll be able to get ebooks from Amazon, B&N,  Borders, and anyone else that wants to sell ebooks, which will lower the price of an ebook (I think the prices are too high).  Read a book.  Surf the net.  Listen to music.  Watch TV/movie.  Edit video.  All from something the size of a sheet of paper.

All they need to do give a solar powered recharger.

One good thing about the Nook is that it's easy to see the text even in the sunshine.  And I won't worry about taking it to the beach.

Eventually, people will be able to publish their own books and completely bypass the big publishing houses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miumiuhandbag. Show miumiuhandbag's posts

miumiu handbag

Miu Miu Paris Fashion Week and close the all autumn winter 2010 2011 fashion shows, does not seem true that ended to tell you the truth! Miu Miu As always gives us a really nice parade, as always, the Miu Miu woman, feminine and ultra chic, even in winter, flowers can not fail, applied on clothes, coats, bags and shoes. Miuccia Prada leads a parade on the catwalk-inspired interesting nineteenth-century Neo-Romanticism that has a good recovery is on the catwalk in life.

The parade is Miu Miu declined mostly in dark colors which are, however, interspersed by the occasional fluorescent orange and lavender, offered both in suits, coats, bags and even make-up is really well kept and very obvious integrand becomes part of the collection.

http://www.Miu-miu-handbag.com/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=fanyangui&utm_campaign=fanyanguiforum Miu Miu Handbags fall winter 2010 2011 collection are very nice, we have simple models in tumbled leather and patent leather, handbags monochrome black, orange and lavender multivitamin.

The decor is glam flower petals made of metal and illuminated by soft, rounded crystals that are present on the bags but as garlands to decorate clothing, coats and shoes.

A young and fresh collection that will surely be appreciated by young and not only!

Miu Miu is a trademark of Italian fashion's amazing, cutting edge and trendy knows how to make us women happy. Today I present you one of my favorite handbags spring summer 2010 Miu Miu is one of the great clutch Cruise made during 2010 that are becoming must-have for all purposes. The Crystal pouch is a really nice bag made of leather with a beautiful ivory handle with jewel precious stones.

The pouch is part of Crystal Spring Summer 2010 collection and is made of soft calf leather ivory color, has closed on the front, in the flap, in which are embedded gemstones always tan, say a glamorous tone caramel.

The Miu Miu bag is pretty and elegant, with the metal handle on which are embedded with precious stones and beautiful light. The hardware is metal argendo color that matches very well with both the ivory skin with the color of the stones.

The http://www.Miu-miu-handbag.com/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=fanyangui&utm_campaign=fanyanguiforum Miu Miu Handbags has a chocolate brown lining and an internal pocket with zip, measurements are 27 x 13 x 4 cm and the handle measures 22 inches. The price is 610.00 euros.

Exotic luxury handbags are the ultimate choice to complete a perfect and exquisite style for any beautiful and elegant lady. Show your most refined taste and irresistible glamour by wearing a piece of croc kelly,ostrich kelly bags or hermes ostrich bag.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I have a Kindle and I love it... its lightweight, easy to read, and I love that I can download books, newspapers, blogs and magazines in a matter of seconds.  At first, it took me a while to get over the fact that I didn't have an actual book in my hands, but I got over that pretty quickly.  

I also play Scrabble on it regularly, and there are a few other games you can download. 

A touch screen would have been better, and I understand the Nook has a color screen now, but I don't think thats necessary unless you like books with lots of pictures.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Also, here's a little article from the Improper Bostonian about Kindle vs. iPad:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoryEmerson. Show CoryEmerson's posts

You gotta go with the kindle. 139 bucks for the wifi version, or pony up 40 more for the 3g..huge selection of books, better navigation than nook, and page turns are uber fast

check out some of my short stories @ http://scenesfrommymind.blogspot.com/
    !! thanks =)

Sections
Shortcuts