Where do you buy books?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Where do you buy books?

Brookline Booksmith, in the eponymous Brookline.

Up in my neck of the woods, Spirit of '76 bookstore, in Marblehead.

I agree with Katesnonna - yay for indie bookstores!

I used to "live" in Grolier Poetry Bookshop, Harvard Square, and, as a Welsh speaker/reader, at Schoenhof's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from masibook. Show masibook's posts

well, let me put in 2 plugs - Massachusetts & Rhode Island Antiquarian Booksellers publishes an annual directory to used & rare bookstores & dealers - visit http://www.mariab.org for information or to request a free copy - we are also sponsoring the Boston Antiquarian Book Fair, Friday, April 30 & Saturday, May 1 at Boston University Track & Tennis Center, 100 Ashford St, over 50 booksellers from everywhere will be set up & selling books - please come  - http://www.bostonantiquarianbookfair.com -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The used book guy at Dick and Ellie's Flea Market on the Cape is my no. 1 source. 

Annie's Book Swap, yard sales, the library's book sale, and sharing with friends.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrubera11. Show jrubera11's posts

Overstock.com

Really cheap and really fast delivery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ridley-. Show Ridley-'s posts

Fictionwise.com and Amazon.

Locally owned brick and mortar stores 1. Are rarely handicapped accessible 2. Never have what I'm looking for 3. Get all snotty if I ask them to order what I do want. Turn your nose up at romance at your own peril. That's half of the paperback fiction market you snub.

So if I'm choosing between soulless multi-nationals, I'm going to buy from the one that delivers to my door.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjcsd. Show jjcsd's posts

In Response to Re: Where do you buy books?:
      I go to Annie's Book Stop in either Plainville or Raynham.....though my fav is Plainville...more selections.    I usually bring back books that I've read and get a credit towards new purchases.     I can usually get out of there with 10 books for the price of 5.....
    Posted by tysondog

I, too, go to Annie's in Plainville.  Love the smell of books :) Though Kindles, Nooks and IPads are great ... there's nothing like holding a REAL book in your hands!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miumiuhandbag. Show miumiuhandbag's posts

miumiu handbag

Miu Miu Paris Fashion Week and close the all autumn winter 2010 2011 fashion shows, does not seem true that ended to tell you the truth! Miu Miu As always gives us a really nice parade, as always, the Miu Miu woman, feminine and ultra chic, even in winter, flowers can not fail, applied on clothes, coats, bags and shoes. Miuccia Prada leads a parade on the catwalk-inspired interesting nineteenth-century Neo-Romanticism that has a good recovery is on the catwalk in life.

The parade is Miu Miu declined mostly in dark colors which are, however, interspersed by the occasional fluorescent orange and lavender, offered both in suits, coats, bags and even make-up is really well kept and very obvious integrand becomes part of the collection.

http://www.Miu-miu-handbag.com/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=fanyangui&utm_campaign=fanyanguiforum Miu Miu Handbags fall winter 2010 2011 collection are very nice, we have simple models in tumbled leather and patent leather, handbags monochrome black, orange and lavender multivitamin.

The decor is glam flower petals made of metal and illuminated by soft, rounded crystals that are present on the bags but as garlands to decorate clothing, coats and shoes.

A young and fresh collection that will surely be appreciated by young and not only!

Miu Miu is a trademark of Italian fashion's amazing, cutting edge and trendy knows how to make us women happy. Today I present you one of my favorite handbags spring summer 2010 Miu Miu is one of the great clutch Cruise made during 2010 that are becoming must-have for all purposes. The Crystal pouch is a really nice bag made of leather with a beautiful ivory handle with jewel precious stones.

The pouch is part of Crystal Spring Summer 2010 collection and is made of soft calf leather ivory color, has closed on the front, in the flap, in which are embedded gemstones always tan, say a glamorous tone caramel.

The Miu Miu bag is pretty and elegant, with the metal handle on which are embedded with precious stones and beautiful light. The hardware is metal argendo color that matches very well with both the ivory skin with the color of the stones.

The http://www.Miu-miu-handbag.com/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=fanyangui&utm_campaign=fanyanguiforum Miu Miu Handbags has a chocolate brown lining and an internal pocket with zip, measurements are 27 x 13 x 4 cm and the handle measures 22 inches. The price is 610.00 euros.

Exotic luxury handbags are the ultimate choice to complete a perfect and exquisite style for any beautiful and elegant lady. Show your most refined taste and irresistible glamour by wearing a piece of croc kelly,ostrich kelly bags or hermes ostrich bag.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from demcdermott. Show demcdermott's posts

Used Book Superstores - there's five of them.  North of Bos in Burlington, Danvers, Saugus, Nashua and Salem NH.  My favs are Burlington and Salem.

Their website says that each store has 100,000 books.  At least. Tons of books, clean and nice.  Some new stuff ones sent by Amazon authors too!

Hardcover books are just 2.99 and if you register for their emails they send you coupons for like 50% off your total purchase.  usedbooksuperstore.com.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justinboot. Show Justinboot's posts

Justin boots and music

Look closely and you’ll find your favorite celebrities in Justin Boots. George Strait, Tracy Byrd and Terri Clark take the stage in their favorite style, while Nolan Ryan and Randy White wear Justin Boots off the field.

These days some of the brightest stars on the country music scene can be seen in Justin Boots-Terri Clark, Tracy Byrd, and George Strait to name just a few. Justin Boots have long been affiliated with music and the Western lifestyle. Terri Clark–Born in Quebec, Canada, but with strong roots from her childhood home of Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada writing and singing country music just comes naturally for Terri Clark.

A multi-talented musician, Terri not only sings, she also plays the guitar, drums, piano, and cowbell. She is known for high-energy performances and songs from the heart, which have earned her gold and platinum albums. Terri says that her new album “Fearless” has led her full circle – and helped her grow as a musician. An evolution in her career, “Fearless” has helped Terri realize “what she wants to be when she grows up.”

Favorite Justin Boots: Style #L8933 – Black Full Quill Ostrich Western—Tracy Byrd–His recognizable rich baritone and hit singles like “Holdin’ Heaven” and “The Keeper of the Stars” have sold more than five million albums over the course of his career. A native Texan, Tracy Byrd enjoys giving back to the community that gave so much to him. The annual Tracy Byrd Homecoming Weekend has raised over $350,000 for his hometown of Beaumont, Texas since 1994. An avid interest in the outdoors led to Tracy’s role as a spokesperson for the TNN Outdoors Program and the release of a charity album called the “Wonders of Wildlife” to help protect various native animals and their natural habitats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icecreed. Show icecreed's posts

My library has an ongoing used book sale.. Hardcovers are $1, paperbacks are
    $.50

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moncler2010. Show moncler2010's posts

for books :Alibris or abebooks
    for fashion items:
    http://www.manoloblahnikschuhe.org
    http://www.moncler2010.com
    http://www.gucci-online-shop.org

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emmakay. Show emmakay's posts

New book stores, used book stores, but my absolute favorite place is powells.com. I can spend hours virtually in their stacks and warehouses! There are so many things to like about Powells--they provide both a wish list and a used book alert (I don't mind buying used books--I'm not a collector but just an over-ambitious reader) and when an item comes in they send me an email--what a way to feed an obsession! I live in Seattle so head down to Portland aka PDX at least once a year. While there, I always spend way too much time and $$$ at Powell's real store. Powell's should be listed as a vacation destination for book lovers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwinslow1. Show cwinslow1's posts

-I just ran across your blog and wanted to make sure that you knew that BiggerBooks.com is a great resource for Discount Books. You can search through their selection here: <a href="http://www.BiggerBooks.com">Discount Books</a> And dont forget to use coupon code 2OFF25 for 2 dollars off of any order over $25
    Thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luiza1023. Show luiza1023's posts

In Response to Where do you buy books?:
    [QUOTE]Book-buying options can vary from online sites such as Amazon.com and big chains like Barnes & Noble to independent sellers and used-book shops such as these . So tell us: Where do you buy books?
    Posted by BDCAEStaff[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from luiza1023. Show luiza1023's posts

In Response to Re: Where do you buy books?:
    [QUOTE]New book stores, used book stores, but my absolute favorite place is powells.com. I can spend hours virtually in their stacks and warehouses! There are so many things to like about Powells--they provide both a wish list and a used book alert (I don't mind buying used books--I'm not a collector but just an over-ambitious reader) and when an item comes in they send me an email--what a way to feed an obsession! I live in Seattle so head down to Portland aka PDX at least once a year. While there, I always spend way too much time and $$$ at Powell's real store. Powell's should be listed as a vacation destination for book lovers.
    Posted by emmakay[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoryEmerson. Show CoryEmerson's posts

i buy my paper books at Barnes and Noble because i love a good bookstore..the small ones are all dying off, but B&N preserves some of that culture...i buy my kindle books from amazon of course....

if you guys are interested in some good short fiction, take a look here: http://scenesfrommymind.blogspot.com/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlaw1A1. Show Softlaw1A1's posts

Amazon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlaw1A1. Show Softlaw1A1's posts

or Waldenbooks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlaw1A1. Show Softlaw1A1's posts

or Walmart

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlaw1A1. Show Softlaw1A1's posts

or Target