1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmilyRose21. Show EmilyRose21's posts

Your summer book recommendations

Boston.com's Emily Wright came up with a list of 12 must-read summer books for you to consider. Have one you'd like to add to the list? We'd love to hear from you. Check out her list here and add your comment below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3758263. Show user_3758263's posts

Re: Your summer book recommendations

"Buddy", by Brian McGrory   Serious, hilarious, and just a perfect read on a lounge chair or hammock.  I read the book in my backyard, with my very own chickens "pecking away" behind me, and loved it.   Recommend you have your favorite pet nearby when reading this gem...

Mike F.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuxcat26. Show tuxcat26's posts

Give it a Try

When I was in high school, I was just hanging around the house one summer, and I think my mom was tired of my teen angst attitude.  She bought me a copy of 'Gone With the Wind', handed it to me, and said 'Read it'.  I began, albeit reluctantly.  I absolutely raced through it in two days, I couldn't put it down for anything.  It's the perfect summer beach/porch book - history, romance, heartbreak, and finally triumph (well, sort of)  And of course there's Scarlett and Rhett, what more can you say??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgmccarthy. Show dgmccarthy's posts

A must read is "Following Atticus by Tom Ryan.  It is a remarkable story about a local man and his dog. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtmmsm. Show dtmmsm's posts

There are so many great books I've read lately, I'd definitely recommend "And the Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini, "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls, and "Don't Go" by Lisa Scottoline.

I just found this book site, spotlightreader.com. I think it's new, but so far it has been a great site to find new books to read, plus create book clubs and bookshelves which I really enjoy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asterix9t9. Show asterix9t9's posts

Bunker Hill - Nathaniel Philbrick

Boston Strong

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mscleepool. Show mscleepool's posts

the new chiller thriller from chelsea cain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Crystals of Yukitake by Elizabeth D'Onofrio  -if you want a soul-searching journey with history and a bit of romance

37 Stories about 37 Women by Brian Whitney  -if you want a modern Canterbury Tales type book that reflects the grittier slice of life.

http://www.h2yk.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ancatdubh2. Show ancatdubh2's posts

In response to EmilyRose21's comment:

Boston.com's Emily Wright came up with a list of 12 must-read summer books for you to consider. Have one you'd like to add to the list? We'd love to hear from you. Check out her list here and add your comment below.

The Art of Racing in the Rain? Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lacus. Show lacus's posts

""And the Mountains Echoed;" Khaled Hosseini. What more needs to be said?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerkOfAllTrades. Show JerkOfAllTrades's posts

In response to ancatdubh2's comment:

In response to EmilyRose21's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Art of Racing in the Rain? Really?

[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing.

JOAT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankeegapeach. Show yankeegapeach's posts

Unbroken. Best non fiction book I have read in a while. Amazing story of suffering and survival during WWII. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctx126. Show ctx126's posts

Love the 'Art of Racing in the Rain.' The book was fantastic. The author is also a very very nice guy. That second to last chapter was powerful. It made me openly weep. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fionn987. Show Fionn987's posts

I like non-fiction, particularly about history and delivered with wit.  I highly recommend anything by Tony Horwitz or Sarah Vowell.  A Land So Strange, by Andre Resendez; about the 16th-century journey through the Southeastern United States and Mexico by Cabeza de Vaca; one of the most fascinating stories I've ever read.  I also enjoyed 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles Mann. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shiplesp. Show shiplesp's posts

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.

... if at first you don't succeed ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

i loved the art of racing in the rain and if you liked that you should read a dog's purpose.  right now reading life after life -- its pretty good too

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

buddy is sitting on my bureau to read next

Sections
Shortcuts