Greatest Moments in TV History-What's Your favorite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Greatest Moments in TV History-What's Your favorite?

Hank Aaron running around the bases after breaking baseball’s home run record A thing of beauty, sans steroids.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lloyd Bentsen-Dan Quayle debate “Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.” A platform is nice, but a sound bite like that doesn’t hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

“Where’s the beef”/“I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up”/“Let’s Get Mikey, He won’t eat it — he hates everything.” When commercials went viral the old-fashioned way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

“Da plane” Everybody said it. Corny as it was, it became a pop-culture catchphrase and reminded everyone of the medium’s sway on the public.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The Rockford Files theme song It never got old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Rod Serling introducing episodes of The Twilight Zone The episodes often were unforgettable, but so was the man. Gravitas and intrigue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Dick Van D yke tripping over the ottoman Classic and timeless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Adriana killed on The Sopranos/Stringer Bell killed on The Wire Not entirely unexpected but chilling proof that great writing and loyalty to story trumps the safety of fan favorites.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Any acceptance speech from Tom Hanks/Sally Field loving your love/Roberto Benigni  /Jack Palance doing one-armed push-ups Viewers care about awards shows even when they say otherwise — and it’s not just for validating their picks. These are moments they remember.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The Simpsons opening credits 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Law & Order  That iconic sound.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The last minutes of the Six Feet Under series finale Other series enders might have been more bold or unusual, but this wrap-up gave the people what they wanted: closure on the lives of characters they loved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Letterman talking about his heart surgery

There’s something about honesty from someone who normally employs snark that can generate  compassion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from taon. Show taon's posts

Your own bodyweight to create resistance as you train. That’s trx suspension training all you need – the TRX and your own body. No additional weights required.
    Having a strong core will prevent injuries trx australia, improve posture and increase overall strength. All of our movements are powered by the torso – the abs and back work together to support the spine during everyday activities and exercise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joddiemoore. Show joddiemoore's posts

I don't know if this is fit in here for me the great moments in tv history for me is when every celebrity are get together and make a fundraising.In Finland where i live i used to be part of fundraising or varainhankinta and ia m very very happy to see celebrity helping different kind of countries who are always suffering for calamity and other man made stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

All in the family 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In a surreal, horrible, yet in a small way bittersweet it might be Tommy Cooper's final performance.

Cooper was a very popular comedian in England in the 70s/80s.  Possible the perfect embodiment of "it's how you tell them" i.e. all his jokes were oldies, his magic tricks usually, deliberately, failed, and he couldn't stop laughing at his own jokes.  He was funny, endearing, be-Fezed and widely loved.

He had a heart attack and died live on stage while being broadcast live on tv to millions in 1984.  It's exactly the sort of dumb thing he might fake, and people laughed in the theatre and all around the country in their living rooms until it was realised it wasn't a joke.

The bittersweet part to me is that that is the perfect embodiment of "how he would have liked to die".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All in the family 

[/QUOTE]

Nice one.  It's one of my favourite written-for-a-tv-show songs because, like the theme song for "Dad's Army", it's an original composition but is perfectly representative of a previous era.

I also like the fact they re-corded it several times because they were sick to death by being asked for the lyrics to the penultimate line "Gee is all just sour grapes" or "Gee our salad's sold by weight"...

By the end of the show's run it was hilarious how so slowly and clearly they sang that line i.e. "GEE...OUR...OLD...LA ......SALLE......RAN......Great